Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LOCI Approach  (Read 2515 times)

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
LOCI Approach
« on: February 18, 2010, 11:15:36 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I was recently wait listed at Wake Forest.  I'm fairly certain that I'm on the cusp of their admission standards, so I figure an LOCI will help put me over the edge.  I just need some ideas of what I should put in there.

My LSDAS GPA is 3.64 and my college GPA is 3.7.  The reason for this minor discrepancy is that when I was 16 I studied abroad in France for a month, and took some college level classes.  I was quite a slacker at that age, living on my own for the first time ever, and was more interested in the amount of smoking, drinking, and art I could enjoy than I was in getting excellent grades.  I got a B and a C in my classes, so all things considered it wasn't too bad.  It was a rewarding experience and I don't regret any of it.  Of course, at the time I never really thought that 10 years later I'd be applying to law school and my slacker ways might catch up to me.  I had to add the grades from these classes to my LSDAS transcript since I applied these credits in college (but the grades did not count), so my overall GPA dropped.

Anyway, I know the difference is very slight, but it seems that I am just below Wake's GPA cutoff.  Someone on LSN got in with a 162/3.68.  So my question is should I write an LOCI explaining my interest in the school, as well as asking that they consider my college grades more than my LSDAS transcript?  The difference was so slight that I never thought to write an addendum when I applied and now I'm not sure if I should explain this. 

Sorry for the rambling, but if anyone has some advice as to whether or not I should do this, let me know.

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LOCI Approach
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 12:08:25 PM »
Just reiterate your interest. Say why you like the school and such. You don't really need to talk about those old grades. I doubt they care. If you want to take a look at my Harvard LOCI (it sucks, but whatever), it may give you an idea of what to say.

justice4all

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LOCI Approach
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 04:31:31 PM »
Im deferred at a school on calif, i just sent them a LOCI, let me know if you would like to take a look by sending me a private message. I agree though, just restate your interest and why you want that school and maybe update them on any recent accomplishments as well.  Let me know!