Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Were you ready to go to college after your junior year of high school?

Yes, at least as ready as I was when I finished my senior year.
 7 (38.9%)
Academically, yes, but I wasn't ready in other areas
 3 (16.7%)
No, I was mature enough but I had fun my senior year and wouldn't give that up.
 3 (16.7%)
No, not at all.
 2 (11.1%)
Just want to see results.
 3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Ready for College at 17 years old?  (Read 3281 times)

legalized

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Ready for College at 17 years old?
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2010, 07:57:47 AM »
colleges should admit no one younger than 19 at time they start.  especially anyone from utah.

I started college at 16.  Did all 4 years of high school, just was put 2 years ahead when I immigrated here.

I LOOKED and sounded 18 though. lol

marcus-aurelius

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2010, 09:28:52 PM »
I know this is an old thread, but I was not ready for college after my senior year.  I have a decent amount of intelligence that allowed me to sleep through high school.  Then after high school, I found my gift for gab could obtain things for me.  So I figured skip college after 4 so so semesters.  Best thing I ever did was stop for a few years though

Thane Messinger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2010, 07:23:27 AM »
I graduated from high school at 17. I pretty much skipped my first year of college anyways (did a ton of APs and graduated in 3 years). Looking back, I probably could have started college at 16 or earlier. However, I wouldn't have wanted to go to law school any younger.

Skipped three years on this side, but I have to agree with Julie (but not necessarily with respect to our colleagues from Utah) . . . two years military or public service should be required of all high school grads prior to admission to college.  (Four years for non-grads? = :  )

mpedede

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2010, 10:14:14 AM »
I would say, personally, i was ready to go to college. I came from a small town, so that can make difference in things. I had a small class. High school in general, should teach a student a little of everything. Mechanics, industrial arts, science, civics, and so on.

mpedede

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2010, 10:26:22 AM »
Knowledge is important. Not to be racist, my mom is filipino, the phillippines have lots of hustlers. An example would be a mechanic who purposely will sabatage a part of your car. If you don't watch the mechanic do the work on your car and or you have no knowledge on vehicles, they can take advantage of your car. In opinion, when things are brought up to court, win loose or draw its too late. The person already has been taken advantage of. Its not right, but still.