Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Mercer Law 1L taking questions  (Read 1644 times)

Netopalis

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - troop85eagle
    • View Profile
Mercer Law 1L taking questions
« on: February 13, 2010, 08:09:16 PM »
Haldo.  If anybody has any questions for me, either about Mercer or about law school in general, let me know.  I'll do my best to answer them!
Mercer University School of Law '12

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Mercer Law 1L taking questions
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 04:26:01 PM »
Haldo.  If anybody has any questions for me, either about Mercer or about law school in general, let me know.  I'll do my best to answer them!

What's your expected salary range once you've graduted? 

Netopalis

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - troop85eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 12:13:00 AM »
Sorry, didn't see this reply.  For me personally, it's between 40 and 60k, but that's because I'm interested in prosecution.  I have no idea what it's like on a school-wide basis.  I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for a big firm job. King and Spalding hires a lot of Mercer grads, but they're about it. If you want to work for a smaller office or in a government job, though, Mercer's great.
Mercer University School of Law '12

Law2014

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 02:26:45 AM »
How is the housing situation for Mercer Law?
How much money do they typical give out ?

vap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attorney
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 11:29:54 PM »
How is the housing situation for Mercer Law?

Mercer has some of on-campus housing near the law school--I've known some people to stay there all three years.  There are also some decent apartments downtown (less than a mile away).  Many students rent houses a few blocks or less from the law school (places on and around Orange Street and College Street are usually OK) and many live further away (about 15 minutes) in the northern part of Macon.  Apartments on the north side of town tend to be newer, but the cost difference isn't too much.  After being admitted, check out the law school's online portal for apartment listings.

For downtown, consider Ashley Towers, Katherine Court Apartments, Cherry Place Apartments, and Tatnall Place Apartments.
For the northern side of town, consider Forest Point Apartments, Rivoli Run, and Wesleyan (but there are a ton more).

How much money do they typical give out ?

About 30% of the students have scholarships, and in any year between 10-15% of students who attend have full scholarships or more than full scholarships.  Mercer gives quite a few scholarship that include living stipends.  To be eligible for the Woodruff (tuition, $5k/year stipend, laptop), you must submit a separate short application: http://www.law.mercer.edu/admissions/financialaid/scholarships.