No not everyone passes the bar or gets a job from Harvard. Of course the vast majority do and I would be on a plane tonight if they let me transfer in. Still if you are a lazy pos and you went to Harvard people figure it out. I remember working in New York this girl was in top 10% of her class at University of Michigan. She was a horrible annoying person who did not get offered a job after her summer was over. She was just a b***h, she never got anything done and they had me editing her assignments. She was terrible and I don't know what became of her. Bottom line is even with a great pedigree things can go badly.
Then I will continue my point to a school like Hastings, which is tier 1 and a pretty good school. I only know 3 graduates personally and that is all. I am sure there are plenty of successful Hastings grads, but I don't know them personally. Of the 3 I know 2 have yet to pass the bar after 3 tries and are unemployed. The other guy did pass on his first try, but has not found a job in over a year. Going to the 38th best school did not open up anything and they paid more money than I am. As surprising as it may be going to the 38th or 43rd best anything will not have people begging you to work for them.
Here is Hastings stats. http://www.lawschooltransparency.com/clearinghouse/?school=hastings
. This shows that only 55% of their graduates have their income reported. 45% of the graduates from a tier 1 school are doing god knows what. Probably something along the lines of the graduates I personally know. Only 88% of their students reported their bar results and that resulted in 340 people actually telling whether they passed or not. 65 of the 340 people that reported did not pass. I assume the other 12% that did not report failed, but I don't know. LSAC does not like to give to much detail in their numbers very similar to U.S. News. So this tier 1 school has a lot of people who failed the bar and only 55% of their class is capable of reporting a salary. This school even let me in through a transfer application, but I know that the 38th best school will not impress anyone. So I used my transfer acceptance to get even more scholarship from my school. GGU has significantly worse numbers than Hastings, but at the end of the day it would be on me to find a job from either school. I know I can figure it out on my own and I do not want to pay anymore money than I have to. Higher education is a RIPOFF, but I have to deal with to become a lawyer. Paying anymore than I have to to get an ABA degree seems retarded. Unless of course I went to or a school similarly situated. I don't think anyone would deny that Harvard, Yale, Stanford opens doors. However, even at Harvard 10 people failed the bar this year. On top of that 15% of their students are unaccounted for. http://www.lawschooltransparency.com/clearinghouse/?school=harvard
Bottom line is a school guarantees you jack sh**. Harvard, Yale, Stanford, and maybe a few others are worth a ton of money. Outside of the top 20 schools you are on your own. Of course maybe you have a better shot at Big Law if you are in the top 10% at a tier 1, but you have a 10% chance of being in the top 10% of your class. Then even if you are in the top 10% of your class you likely have a 10-20% chance of getting hired in Big Law from a low tier 1. Education is a ripoff and thankfully I did not pay anything for undergrad because of basketball. I am paying as little as possible now. People can stress out about the rankings and be naive enough to think 48th best is going to impress anyone. Pay a 100k to say I go to the 58th best school knock yourself out, but I have never been impressed by the 58th or 48th best anything.