Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: URGENT: Sending LOR form to recommender via fax  (Read 1757 times)

william wallace

• View Profile
URGENT: Sending LOR form to recommender via fax
« on: February 10, 2010, 03:06:04 PM »
Hello everyone! I have one LOR already from someone in my current city. For him, I just printed off the completed LOR form and handed it to him. Then he wrote it and sent it and it was received by LSAC. Pretty standard. These are the instructions from the LSAC website:

"Print a completed LOR form by clicking on the letter description link under My LORs and Recommenders, and give it to each recommender."

However, I am about to ask two former UG professors for a LOR. They are both out of state. In this case, do I print the LOR form, sign it, and fax it to the recommenders? I could mail it I guess, but that would take too long. Any suggestions be very appreciated. Good luck to everyone! We can all do this!

legalized

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: URGENT: Sending LOR form to recommender via fax
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 06:46:37 PM »
Hello everyone! I have one LOR already from someone in my current city. For him, I just printed off the completed LOR form and handed it to him. Then he wrote it and sent it and it was received by LSAC. Pretty standard. These are the instructions from the LSAC website:

"Print a completed LOR form by clicking on the letter description link under My LORs and Recommenders, and give it to each recommender."

However, I am about to ask two former UG professors for a LOR. They are both out of state. In this case, do I print the LOR form, sign it, and fax it to the recommenders? I could mail it I guess, but that would take too long. Any suggestions be very appreciated. Good luck to everyone! We can all do this!

You're asking this Feb. 10. It's too late to be applying to schools THIS cycle whether their deadline passed or not, so how is it too late to mail the LOR cover sheet?  You'll be right in time for the coming Fall cycle, which is the cycle you should be aiming to apply in if you hope for your application to be at ALL competitive.  Get it on your LSDAS now and be sitting pretty to hit submit for September 1, 2010, Sept. 15, and Oct. 1 as the windows for various schools open up.

I assumed from the wording of the LSAC instructions they want an original signature on the form they receive.  And if you fax it to the man he is mailing in a copy not an original.  Mail it.