Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Nova SE AAMPLE is my only choice, advice? anyone else going?  (Read 12161 times)

jarvisa240

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Nova SE AAMPLE is my only choice, advice? anyone else going?
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2012, 08:12:35 PM »
I am taking AAMPLE this year. I have heard it is difficult, however if you put the time in, you can do it. I am banking on doing nothing but studying for 5 weeks but its worth it to me! I got all the books already and the more difficult class is going to be Negotiating Instruments, in my opinion. Criminal Law shouldn't be too bad but I have a Masters in criminal justice, therefore, much of that info isn't too new to me. Now, I am just waiting for the syllabus to be posted so I can start to study!

I would love to hear from other who have taken and passed the course!

The AAMPLE program is.....  tough. A lot of reading, a lot of problems.
In the end, (if you do everything your told) it's going to be worth it.
I actually went to Jacksonville, FL for 6 weeks and participated in class session. I learn better in class verses online. Both, the online and in class sessions are amazingly similar.  The professors were nice, knew what they were talking about. There are NO office hours for the AAMPLE students... because they want to make sure the online students have the same advantages as the classroom students. You can ask questions in class but that's it. There are NO quizes (non- graded) nor exams, ONLY your final exam- which is done online.

I know its a huge investment.. but if you pass the program your money is refunded. So, work hard and good luck!

Email me if you have any questions:  jarvisa240@gmail.com  Glad to help anyone interested in this program.

jarvisa240

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2012, 08:13:25 PM »
I am taking AAMPLE this year. I have heard it is difficult, however if you put the time in, you can do it. I am banking on doing nothing but studying for 5 weeks but its worth it to me! I got all the books already and the more difficult class is going to be Negotiating Instruments, in my opinion. Criminal Law shouldn't be too bad but I have a Masters in criminal justice, therefore, much of that info isn't too new to me. Now, I am just waiting for the syllabus to be posted so I can start to study!

I would love to hear from other who have taken and passed the course!

The AAMPLE program is.....  tough. A lot of reading, a lot of problems.
In the end, (if you do everything your told) it's going to be worth it.
I actually went to Jacksonville, FL for 6 weeks and participated in class session. I learn better in class verses online. Both, the online and in class sessions are amazingly similar.  The professors were nice, knew what they were talking about. There are NO office hours for the AAMPLE students... because they want to make sure the online students have the same advantages as the classroom students. You can ask questions in class but that's it. There are NO quizes (non- graded) nor exams, ONLY your final exam- which is done online.

I know its a huge investment.. but if you pass the program your money is refunded. So, work hard and good luck!

Email me if you have any questions:  jarvisa240@gmail.com  Glad to help anyone interested in this program.

Nova Juris

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2012, 10:27:22 AM »
I keep asking this to everyone because it seems obvious (with the exeption being if you already took the 3 in two year max as some have) but why not just retake the lsat before enrolling in these non JD courses?

Some people need help with prep and find it from kaplan or others but still, the LSAT is not that hard. Anyone who can get a BA can get at least a 160 if they prep and retake.

If you can't then you need to be honest about why you can't and realize that it is set up as a gatekeeper to help protect those who can't pass it from wasting their time and money.

If you can't swim, stay out of the pool. No lifeguard on duty.

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2012, 11:07:30 PM »
This is an old thread, but Paul Campos recently wrote up a decent post on aample:

http://insidethelawschoolscam.blogspot.com/2012/04/ninth-circle.html.

It's worth a read.