Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Nova SE AAMPLE is my only choice, advice? anyone else going?  (Read 12050 times)

cooleylawstudent

Re: Nova SE AAMPLE is my only choice, advice? anyone else going?
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2010, 02:36:11 AM »
So if the two that "failed" got into lawschool anyways, you're trying to say what, that the program is useless and you can get into lawschool without it anyways?  ???

ow long ago did you take it? What school did it get you into? How are you going at that school?
How are teh 70% of your classmates who failed doing?

Err, he took it in 2007. So, three years ago.

It got him into Nova SE. He posted a law.nova.edu email address.

Obviously I can't answer how he is doing at the school or what the other AAMPLE applicants who were unsuccessful are doing. ;D

Good call Nerfco, the most important elements of law school exams are critical reading and analysis. ;D

I am doing well, surprisingly the top of the class usually has AAMPLE students (I donít know why lol). As far as my classmates who failed, I donít know, as I donít really talk to anyone from my AAMPLE class. My study group had 6 people in it and 4 of us passed. The 2 who failed, one goes to Law School in Boston and is doing excellent and the other goes to a brand new law school in upstate Florida (the name escapes me at the moment).

Devin

P.S. I am proud of all of you who replied and stated they "bought the book and [are] already studying" that is dedication, I didnt buy nor open the book until the day before the class. So relax, you guys are already ahead of the game. Plus you have a "friend" on the inside  :)

DVDA

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2010, 02:48:44 AM »
So if the two that "failed" got into lawschool anyways, you're trying to say what, that the program is useless and you can get into lawschool without it anyways?  ???

Well thatís not what I saidÖ.After they failed AAMPLE they spray and prayed applications all around the country until they got accepted somewhere. I am sure if you decide not to take AAMPLE and you just apply to every single school you are bound to get in somewhere (they did).

The program is not useless if you want to get into Nova, the people who take it, do so because they want to get into only Nova. Of my 2 friends who failed the one in Boston is happy to be there while the one in upstate Florida is not. She (Upstate Florida) is happy to be in Law School but doesnít like the school itself, not to mention it wasnít accredited until this year.

Devin

DVDA

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2010, 02:50:11 AM »

[ B ]ut I suspect there are two groups of people who attend it.

1) 70% who shouldn't have been able to finish a BA(some who may not have too)
2) 30% who had a bad day the first lsat and have low selfesteme and wont retry and then do ok since they weren't that bad off to begin with in reality.

I think that might be close to true. Kaplan is a lot cheaper and in most towns. Then again if you want to go to Florida for the summer and have a rich daddy who will pay for it as an excuse to get you out of his basement so that the smell of "incense" will go away....heck its a free vacation then right?  ;)

These percentages are not entirely correct; my classmates were mostly students who had either a low GPA (3.00) and a high LSAT score or a high GPA (3.60+) with an abysmal LSAT score. I spoke to a lot of my classmates and no one had a lower GPA than 3.00 but who knows it may have changed in recent years. It does seem as if they are accepting more and more each year into AAMPLE. Heck, this year the first year class had an additional day section (Section 7). We use to only have 5 day sections and 1 evening section for a total of 6.

I guess you can put me into that 30%, I had a 3.65 GPA and a 145 on my LSAT. I only applied to Nova because I was dumb and I thought Iíd get in, then I got a letter saying I was accepted into AAMPLE. Naturally it was either retake the LSAT, wait another year to attend Law School and hope I get into Nova unconditionally or just take AAMPLE. Of course I took AAMPLE and I was 1 of 63 on-campus students who passed.

Devin

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2010, 03:42:35 AM »
So is it worth actual credits then, and if so does the online ones get credit too?I thought it was just like fatcamp or GED school prior to basic training for those who needed an extra push but it didn't really count for anything other than that.

DVDA

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2010, 03:46:07 AM »
So is it worth actual credits then, and if so does the online ones get credit too?I thought it was just like fatcamp or GED school prior to basic training for those who needed an extra push but it didn't really count for anything other than that.

It is worth 0 credits, you take 2 classes (Negotiable Instruments & Criminal Procedure) if you pass them both you get into Nova, if you fail you apply elsewhere and hope for the best

http://nsulaw.nova.edu/aample/

lawrookie

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2010, 05:01:41 PM »
does NOVA at least exempt your from their civil procedure class if you take it there?

It is worth 0 credits, you take 2 classes (Negotiable Instruments & Criminal Procedure) if you pass them both you get into Nova, if you fail you apply elsewhere and hope for the best

http://nsulaw.nova.edu/aample/

drewsco

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2010, 08:33:56 AM »
Hi, has anyone ever failed AAMPLE at Nova and got admitted into their law program the following or subsequent year?

Here is my dilema. I failed the AAMPLE program at Nova three years ago. I'm re-applying to Nova (my only option), I got a low LSAT score (145) but a decent GPA 3.80

I saw their class profile for 2008 and noticed that their LSAT score for the 25% percentile of part-time students was 144. So I think I may have a good chance of getting in. Any suggestions? 

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2010, 11:36:42 AM »
thats not your only option. Cooley, whittier, apalachian and a few other ABA will take you. Plus all those state approved ones are a slam dunkt oo.

Hi, has anyone ever failed AAMPLE at Nova and got admitted into their law program the following or subsequent year?

Here is my dilema. I failed the AAMPLE program at Nova three years ago. I'm re-applying to Nova (my only option), I got a low LSAT score (145) but a decent GPA 3.80

I saw their class profile for 2008 and noticed that their LSAT score for the 25% percentile of part-time students was 144. So I think I may have a good chance of getting in. Any suggestions? 

DVDA

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2012, 11:12:20 AM »
I took AAMPLE On-Campus program at Nova in 2007...

If anyone has any questions or concerns just email me at tisond@nsu.law.nova.edu if I dont answer within 24 hours (I check daily) email me at DVDAOz@aol.com instead as sometimes the Nova filters block out certain email address

I would like to add that I do not work for Nova at all, I am just a student who was sucessful in the program and appreciate all that it has to offer. I am willing to help all those who seek it.

Devin

Update: My Nova email address has been deleted. However, since I still get questions every few months even though this thread is really old I am providing my new contact information for those of you that wish to contact me in the future:

tisond@gmail.com

Good luck 2012 AAMPLE students

howardhowardhoward

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2012, 02:25:14 PM »
Thank you for the update. Do you know of any students having issues using a Mac to access the online classsroom? And how do the online classes actually work, like is it a once a week type of occurrance, or every single day?  This is for anyone that may know :)