Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Nova SE AAMPLE is my only choice, advice? anyone else going?  (Read 12158 times)

lawrookie

Re: Nova SE AAMPLE is my only choice, advice? anyone else going?
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 03:57:19 PM »
ok, you caught me, I didn't read it good enough while posting my last questions. Admitted.
That being said a 70% pass rate is bad, a 70% attrition rate is INSANE!

nerfco

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Chi '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 04:24:21 PM »
ok, you caught me, I didn't read it good enough while posting my last questions. Admitted.
That being said a 70% pass rate is bad, a 70% attrition rate is INSANE!

Agreed. 70% failure rate is crazy high.

snizzles

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 06:10:11 PM »
I just withdrew from the AAMPLE program and when I got the confirmation email for my refund there was a string of emails to get it to the correct person at FL Coastal, and one person said "another one." Obviously, many people are dropping the course. Its crazy expensive and who wants to gamble with less than 50% odds. I wrote the director of the program after I saw the comment "another one." This is what I wrote:

"Thank you. I see from the comment "another one" that I am not the only person who has withdrawn. I can tell you my reason; with it being so expensive compared to other alternative programs, and the fact that the most that has ever passed is 60%, the odds are stacked against every person who takes this course. Its too big of a gamble. I think the concept is wonderful, but it shouldn't be an impossible task to complete with such a high price tag. Just my thought. Take it for what its worth. Thanks!!"

He wrote back "I agree"

So, if the director of the program thinks it is overpriced and too difficult, its probably not the best option. Re-take the lsat and a prep course for a fraction of the AAMPLE price.

lawrookie

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 09:42:36 PM »
Hey, at least their honest. I hope you get your money back without too much trouble. Some places are a pain about that.
My guess is a large factor is WHO they take too though. Think about it, they actively seek out those who CANT get better scores on the LSAT.(if you retake and get a 160 I dount they'd bug you a second time) So yeah, for those who can do better, please do. For those who can't, it MIGHT be worth it, but I suspect there are two groups of people who attend it.

1) 70% who shouldn't have been able to finish a BA(some who may not have too)
2) 30% who had a bad day the first lsat and have low selfesteme and wont retry and then do ok since they weren't that bad off to begin with in reality.

I think that might be close to true. Kaplan is a lot cheaper and in most towns. Then again if you want to go to Florida for the summer and have a rich daddy who will pay for it as an excuse to get you out of his basement so that the smell of "incense" will go away....heck its a free vacation then right?  ;)

snizzles

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2010, 03:45:23 PM »
Yes, I received the refund with no problems  ;D

Prismpunk

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 07:19:59 PM »
I may be attending.

I was waitlisted at a few schools and I am waiting on others who have not rendered a decision yet.

I bought the textbooks already and I have been studying for sometime now.

Where are all of you from?

lawrookie

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 07:44:02 PM »
If you're already on waitlists, dosn't that defeat the point of the program?

Prismpunk

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 07:47:57 PM »
Yes it does. However, the problem is....I won't hear back from those waitlists until May or June. If somehow I don't get in off the waitlist in June and I turn down the AAMPLE program, Im basically screwed.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 09:00:02 PM »
It never hurts to have a backup plan, it just sucks that it'll cost you that much to have it. Plus if you take it and do get in to those waitlist schools, it'll be a mostly wasted investment(minus whatever skills you learn while there obviously) I wish you the best, just sucks is all.

Yes it does. However, the problem is....I won't hear back from those waitlists until May or June. If somehow I don't get in off the waitlist in June and I turn down the AAMPLE program, Im basically screwed.

DVDA

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2010, 02:18:43 AM »
ow long ago did you take it? What school did it get you into? How are you going at that school?
How are teh 70% of your classmates who failed doing?

Err, he took it in 2007. So, three years ago.

It got him into Nova SE. He posted a law.nova.edu email address.

Obviously I can't answer how he is doing at the school or what the other AAMPLE applicants who were unsuccessful are doing. ;D

Good call Nerfco, the most important elements of law school exams are critical reading and analysis. ;D

I am doing well, surprisingly the top of the class usually has AAMPLE students (I donít know why lol). As far as my classmates who failed, I donít know, as I donít really talk to anyone from my AAMPLE class. My study group had 6 people in it and 4 of us passed. The 2 who failed, one goes to Law School in Boston and is doing excellent and the other goes to a brand new law school in upstate Florida (the name escapes me at the moment).

Devin

P.S. I am proud of all of you who replied and stated they "bought the book and [are] already studying" that is dedication, I didnt buy nor open the book until the day before the class. So relax, you guys are already ahead of the game. Plus you have a "friend" on the inside  :)