Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Nova SE AAMPLE is my only choice, advice? anyone else going?  (Read 11405 times)

soonsoon

• View Profile
Nova SE AAMPLE is my only choice, advice? anyone else going?
« on: February 07, 2010, 11:42:17 PM »
Hello everyone, after a long application cycle, Nova SE has surfaced as my sole option with the AAMPLE program. For those unfamiliar, AAMPLE is a summer conditional program. I'm presently on the waitlist at several schools, including UMiami, but with the AAMPLE deadline approaching and nothing materializing, I'm going to attend.

Background information about me is that I am 28 years old, have a Masters in Criminal Justice, and have been working in a civil lit firm for almost 10 years. I have been applying to mostly T2 schools for the past 4 years to no avail, and this year I applied across the board and country.

I have heard an array of opinions on Nova and the AAMPLE program. What do you guys think about it? Is anyone else attending?

Shaunielove

• View Profile
Re: Nova SE AAMPLE is my only choice, advice? anyone else going?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 11:42:03 AM »
I am in the same boat as you soonsoon!! Anyone have a clue as to how challenging this program is?

snizzles

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 04:22:03 PM »
I am taking AAMPLE this year. I have heard it is difficult, however if you put the time in, you can do it. I am banking on doing nothing but studying for 5 weeks but its worth it to me! I got all the books already and the more difficult class is going to be Negotiating Instruments, in my opinion. Criminal Law shouldn't be too bad but I have a Masters in criminal justice, therefore, much of that info isn't too new to me. Now, I am just waiting for the syllabus to be posted so I can start to study!

I would love to hear from other who have taken and passed the course!

rina

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 10:23:44 AM »
I'm doing the program also this summer. I heard it's very tough. I'm starting to pre-read everything.  How did you get the books already? I've been checking for weeks and the book for the Introduction to the 4th Amendment class hasn't been posted. I also emailed and was told they haven't decided yet. Could you tell me what the book is?

cu014628

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 12:17:01 AM »
I was accepted for AAMPLE, but I got regular admission to Appalachian School of Law ... try there.

Carol

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 07:39:17 PM »
Hi- I was accepted to AAMPLE as well and heard that its very difficult. I have a full time job, and decided to take it on-line.  I would love to set up a study group and try and meet once a week to compare notes. Anyone interested?

lawrookie

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 10:16:01 PM »
20-50% HUGE gap there. Dang school can't even keep track of if its a coin toss or a 70% attrition rate. WTF?!?

WELCOME       INVITED APPLICANTS       ON CAMPUS       ONLINE       FAQ        CONTACT US        LOGIN  
  AAMPLE > Online

Online AAMPLE

Under the online option, coursework is accomplished conveniently from a student's own home through the same state-of-the-art distance learning technology.

Under the online option, coursework is accomplished conveniently from a student's own home through the same state-of-the-art distance learning technology that two times running earned Nova Southeastern University the #1 Most Wired Law School ranking by National Jurist magazine. Students will be required to attend at least 4 hours of live chat each week in each subject. Students will be required to post to the discussion board. The online program utilizes WebCT for the classroom and live classroom for the live chats. There are approximately 5 sections for each subject. Each section will have a different scheduled live chat schedule which is mandatory. When students register for the courses they will be able to see the live chat schedules for each section.

We recommend that students do not work or take any other classes during this program. This is a demanding program. Students will be required to participate in the program, students not participating may be removed from the program. See participation policy for more information. Students will also be required to take 3 quizzes during the program that will not count towards their final grade but will provide feedback to students.

This is a challenging program and success is by no means guaranteed. Only about 20% - 50% of past AAMPLE students have been successful in the program.

3305 College Ave Ft. Lauderdale-Davie, FL 33314
Phone: 954-262-6100; 800-986-6529
Copyright 2008 Nova Southeastern University
For technical questions or concerns, contact Webguyz

DVDA

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 02:29:23 AM »
I took AAMPLE On-Campus program at Nova in 2007...

If anyone has any questions or concerns just email me at tisond@nsu.law.nova.edu if I dont answer within 24 hours (I check daily) email me at DVDAOz@aol.com instead as sometimes the Nova filters block out certain email address

I would like to add that I do not work for Nova at all, I am just a student who was sucessful in the program and appreciate all that it has to offer. I am willing to help all those who seek it.

Devin

lawrookie

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 11:28:09 AM »
ow long ago did you take it? What school did it get you into? How are you going at that school?
How are teh 70% of your classmates who failed doing?

I took AAMPLE On-Campus program at Nova in 2007...

If anyone has any questions or concerns just email me at tisond@nsu.law.nova.edu if I dont answer within 24 hours (I check daily) email me at DVDAOz@aol.com instead as sometimes the Nova filters block out certain email address

I would like to add that I do not work for Nova at all, I am just a student who was sucessful in the program and appreciate all that it has to offer. I am willing to help all those who seek it.

Devin

nerfco

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Chi '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 01:53:52 PM »
ow long ago did you take it? What school did it get you into? How are you going at that school?
How are teh 70% of your classmates who failed doing?

Err, he took it in 2007. So, three years ago.

It got him into Nova SE. He posted a law.nova.edu email address.

Obviously I can't answer how he is doing at the school or what the other AAMPLE applicants who were unsuccessful are doing. ;D