Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transfer to....?  (Read 1601 times)

slayerbtvs

• View Profile
Transfer to....?
« on: February 07, 2010, 11:48:15 AM »

Hi everyone - I never do this but thought advice could help. I am at a school ranked in 20s and got a 4.05 gpa first semester. Where can i transfer into?

cooleylawstudent

Re: Transfer to....?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 11:54:55 AM »
How do you get above a 4.0?  ::)

Hi everyone - I never do this but thought advice could help. I am at a school ranked in 20s and got a 4.05 gpa first semester. Where can i transfer into?

slayerbtvs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 01:20:08 PM »
2 A+

slayerbtvs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 01:20:57 PM »
Also, will the schools consider you before you get in your second semester grades or only once it is totally complete?

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 01:32:17 PM »
I am a bit suprised since my school only goes to an A(4.0) but I have to ask, what school are you at now, and if you have that GPA why waste it by transfering? You do know that GPA dies in a transfer right, only credits move and the GPA starts over again. In theory your above A grades wouldnt mean jack if you transfer and then bomb a class, you'd still end up on academic probation. Why risk it?

2 A+

slayerbtvs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 05:11:20 PM »
I am a bit suprised since my school only goes to an A(4.0) but I have to ask, what school are you at now, and if you have that GPA why waste it by transfering? You do know that GPA dies in a transfer right, only credits move and the GPA starts over again. In theory your above A grades wouldnt mean jack if you transfer and then bomb a class, you'd still end up on academic probation. Why risk it?

2 A+

I know that but everyone I know and care about is in another city, as are better schools...advice?

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 05:57:58 PM »

2 A+

If you do equally as well this semester, you'd have a shot at YHS.  I think Georgetown accepts applications prior to second semester grades, but not sure about other top schools.  You should focus on killing this semester like last semesters and have fun at Yale next year.

I know that but everyone I know and care about is in another city, as are better schools...advice?