Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Realisticly, what are the chances?  (Read 1124 times)

lawschoolbound1

• View Profile
Realisticly, what are the chances?
« on: February 06, 2010, 04:29:36 PM »
Ok, what are my chances?  I am applying this weekend, just took the LSAT for the second time (I was sick in December and couldn't take the test).  I am a senior at LSU, have a 3.01 GPA and I got a 151 LSAT the first time I took it.  I'm hoping to increase my score at least a couple of points, but if not, that's ok too, I guess.

I'm applying to these schools:

Arkansas Fayetteville
Arkansas Little Rock
LSU
Ole Miss (fall and summer)
Mississippi College
South Texas College of Law

Please be honest, but don't be mean  ;).  I don't really trust law school numbers because people could over exaggerate their scores, not everyone is on there, etc., so I figured people on here would be my best bet.  Also, on one of the applications, it asks if they should hold my application until the new LSAT score comes out, should I do that? It's Mississippi College by the way.  Thanks for all your input!

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Realisticly, what are the chances?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 05:00:34 PM »
Ok, what are my chances?  I am applying this weekend, just took the LSAT for the second time (I was sick in December and couldn't take the test).  I am a senior at LSU, have a 3.01 GPA and I got a 151 LSAT the first time I took it.  I'm hoping to increase my score at least a couple of points, but if not, that's ok too, I guess.

I'm applying to these schools:

Arkansas Fayetteville  -- no.
Arkansas Little Rock -- yes.  i went here, i took the LSAT cold and had a 152 (and 3.10) and that was good enough for me.  if you plan to practice in arkansas, NETWORK YOUR ASS OFF...there are still classmates of mine without jobs.
LSU -- no unless you know somebody in admissions
Ole Miss (fall and summer) -- no
Mississippi College -- yes
South Texas College of Law -- yes

Please be honest, but don't be mean  ;).  I don't really trust law school numbers because people could over exaggerate their scores, not everyone is on there, etc., so I figured people on here would be my best bet.  Also, on one of the applications, it asks if they should hold my application until the new LSAT score comes out, should I do that? It's Mississippi College by the way.  Thanks for all your input!
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

dramaticpaws

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 05:15:36 PM »
According to lawschoolpredictor.com

Arkansas Fayetteville - <5%
Arkansas Little Rock - 33%
LSU - <5%
Ole Miss (fall and summer) - <5%
Mississippi College - 45%
South Texas College of Law - 31%

lawschoolbound1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 08:06:50 PM »
Thank you for your responses.  They are very much appreciated! 

Thistle:  Did you like Arkansas-Little Rock?  I mainly want to practice in Texas. 

DramaticPaws: How accurate is lsp?  I mean aren't they supposed to take EVERYTHING into account?  How much does an index really go into their decision?  For example, I was reading on LSN where a guy got into Bama with a 3.2/152, and he was nowhere close to their index, I'm assuming.  :) 

Thanks again guys!

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 01:13:16 AM »

Thistle:  Did you like Arkansas-Little Rock?  I mainly want to practice in Texas. 

DramaticPaws: How accurate is lsp?  I mean aren't they supposed to take EVERYTHING into account?  How much does an index really go into their decision?  For example, I was reading on LSN where a guy got into Bama with a 3.2/152, and he was nowhere close to their index, I'm assuming.  :) 

Thanks again guys!

i did like little rock.  the out of state scholarships rock, and i had at least another 2K in schollys every year.

a number of my classmates took the texas bar, so the degree travels somewhat well regionally.

they have a top 10 legal writing program and a top ten mediation clinic as well.

the law school is somewhat in skeezyville, but aside from a few windows broken out of cars not parked in the law school lot, there wasnt much else.

if you get in there and wanna know more pm me.
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

dramaticpaws

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 03:54:11 PM »

Thanks again guys!

While it may not be the gospel, I think the people behind it have put a lot of effort into making it a good starting off point for us 0L's. You definitely can tell which of these will be your "reach" schools. Your GPA/LSAT index is huge in the decision making process. I don't think LSP should discourage you from applying to schools you are interested in attending, though.