Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: EA Transfer  (Read 1642 times)

Leverandon

• AOL Instant Messenger - NadoSteve
    • View Profile
    • Email
EA Transfer
« on: February 01, 2010, 12:06:31 PM »
I thought that I would start this thread to discuss the process of Early Action/Early Decision transferring since there isn't a whole lot of information about it on here. It looks like two T14 schools have an early transfer deadline: Georgetown has non-binding Early Action and Chicago has binding Early Decision. Georgetown's application deadline is March 15 and Chicago's deadline is April 15.

I'm at a lower ranked tier 1 school (ranked in the 40s). I like the school and have had some great professors and met some cool people but am worried that the school limits me from doing some of the things that I want to do (clerkships, certain law firms, academia). That's why I've decided that I'm going to gear up for submitting applications to both Georgetown and Chicago for their early transfer deadlines.

My first semester I received a GPA of 3.6 (B+, A-, A-, A-) and although my school does not give exact ranks after the first semester (only quartiles) this would put me between top 10% and top 13% based on previous year's curves. I've also had a position on a year long legal clinic that selected only about a quarter of its applicants as well as a couple of other club positions. Hopefully, I'll also have a summer legal job to put on my resume as well.

Anyway, I'd love any thoughts or advice on the transfer process and I'll keep this updated with how my transfer cycle goes.

Leverandon

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: EA Transfer
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 02:32:26 PM »
Submitted and went complete at Georgetown EA transfer. Working on my Chicago app.

Leverandon

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: EA Transfer
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 01:47:05 PM »
Update: Application is now "Under Review" at Georgetown as of 4/21/10. I decided to pass on the UChicago transfer app. Don't think that my numbers are quite good enough for it. Eagerly awaiting a Georgetown decision any day now.