Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UVa3L taking questions  (Read 1048 times)

UVaNGSL3L

• View Profile
UVa3L taking questions
« on: January 29, 2010, 04:52:49 PM »
This place was helpful when I was applying and I'm bored with studying so hit me up if you have any questions about Charlottesville or UVa.

HR6352

• View Profile
Re: UVa3L taking questions
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 07:32:28 PM »
This place was helpful when I was applying and I'm bored with studying so hit me up if you have any questions about Charlottesville or UVa.

How many have got big law locked up?

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 09:49:29 PM »
How much did first term differ from the rest of it so far?

UVaNGSL3L

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 08:24:39 PM »
Among 3L's? I'd say probably 90% of jobs lined up.  Among 2L's? I have no idea to be honest.

Second/third year have not been as relaxed relative to first year as I had hoped but still not stressful until the end of the semesters.

HR6352

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 10:16:30 PM »
So is Big Law still there for most people who want it?  I heard that wasn't the case at Vanderbilt. 

UVaNGSL3L

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 06:36:00 PM »
Yes.  And, even in the best of economic times, there is a pretty large difference between the opportunities available at Vanderbilt and Virginia.

StonewallJacksonFan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 07:56:35 PM »
I am a Virginia resident who got placed on waitlistin UVA.  I contacted admissions and the DEAN told me that I was special but they had 35 candidates for each out-of-state spot and therefore had to utilize waitlist.  I emailed him saying that I am in-state, and he has been silent since...  Any idea on future steps?

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 08:11:15 PM »
I am a Virginia resident who got placed on waitlistin UVA.  I contacted admissions and the DEAN told me that I was special but they had 35 candidates for each out-of-state spot and therefore had to utilize waitlist.  I emailed him saying that I am in-state, and he has been silent since...  Any idea on future steps?

Wake up! They don't want you.   ;D

StonewallJacksonFan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 10:21:22 AM »
Well, that is ok, but why cant they even give me a remotely plausible reason or something.  At this point I am feeling a lot more for W&M without debt instead of UVA with 120K debt anyways, I am just not sure why at a super law school like that the admissions (whose officers went to UVA Law)cant tell a difference between in-state and out-of-state applicants.  Do they teach the difference between in and out there? Maybe they just did not learn it in the classes.... :-\