Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Addendum Question  (Read 475 times)

JShafer

• View Profile
Addendum Question
« on: January 28, 2010, 12:56:06 AM »
I just have a quick question about attaching an addendum to my apps.

I graduated in Dec. '08, and decided to take a year off to work and save money before law school. For the first few months out of college, I had great difficulty finding a job due to the economic climate, and was only able to find work as a receptionist 20 hrs/wk at a real estate office in Houston. In the process of the job search, I was invited by a friend of mine to move from Texas to California, where she said I could find a job as a personal assistant in Silicon Valley. I moved in May, and I found that she was right - I found a wonderful, well-paying job in July. So, there was a two month period, from May to July, where I was unemployed and job searching in California.

So, my question is: should I write an addendum about this gap in time after college graduation and between jobs? Other than this I have a very strong application with a good LSAT score, very high GPA, excellent personal statement (in my opinion), and recommendations from two very close professors.

Let me know! I do appreciate it!

llsatt1

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Addendum Question
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 11:08:46 AM »
I just have a quick question about attaching an addendum to my apps.

I graduated in Dec. '08, and decided to take a year off to work and save money before law school. For the first few months out of college, I had great difficulty finding a job due to the economic climate, and was only able to find work as a receptionist 20 hrs/wk at a real estate office in Houston. In the process of the job search, I was invited by a friend of mine to move from Texas to California, where she said I could find a job as a personal assistant in Silicon Valley. I moved in May, and I found that she was right - I found a wonderful, well-paying job in July. So, there was a two month period, from May to July, where I was unemployed and job searching in California.

So, my question is: should I write an addendum about this gap in time after college graduation and between jobs? Other than this I have a very strong application with a good LSAT score, very high GPA, excellent personal statement (in my opinion), and recommendations from two very close professors.

Let me know! I do appreciate it!

Are you seriously asking this question?  goodness.