Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Too Early??  (Read 1219 times)

dukivich10

• View Profile
    • Email
Too Early??
« on: January 27, 2010, 10:24:13 AM »
Is it ever too early to apply?? I am taking the upcoming lsat on feb 6, do i need to wait till the fall to apply or can i apply as early as i want?

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Too Early??
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 10:26:19 AM »
You're way behind in the application cycle this year.  You can apply now or later, I don't think it'll make much difference considering most (if not all) schools won't look at your application until there's an LSAT score.  But, you're seriously lessening your chances by applying this late anyway, and you may even be rushing to take the LSAT.  It might be better to take your time with the LSAT and apply next cycle when you have everything in order.

dukivich10

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 10:29:24 AM »
to clear things up...i plan on entering school in the fall of 2011 not 2010. Most people say to get applications in by oct/nov of the year previous, so i was wondering if there is an advantage of applying(w/ my lsat) this spring or summer.

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 12:39:09 PM »
Getting your LSAT score ready isn't a bad idea, but don't take the LSAT before you are ready.

Generally, schools won't start accepting applications until August/September.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

dukivich10

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 01:18:40 PM »
Thanks for the info....hopefully 6 months of studying will yield good results! Obviously you scored well by attending Georgetown...any quick tips for a humble admirer?

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 12:09:32 PM »
Just practice a lot, and don't misbubble like I did ;D
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

BikePilot

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - joshthebikepilot
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 09:06:33 AM »
Many schools do have an early application system where you submit your app early with an agreement that you'll accept an offer if they make it.  In general it isn't wise to do this with more than one school. It might be useful to apply early in this manner to your top choice school then apply to your whole list of schools during the regular app process (but do get in on the early side of the regular process).  Each school will list when they start accepting apps for early decision and when they start accepting apps for the regular period.

For now though worry about the lsat and getting your materials, recommendations etc together.
HLS 2010

jmvs13

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 03:13:31 PM »
I applied for the Fall 2010 cycle and wanted to get my apps in ASAP because of a low GPA. I took the June 2010 LSAT and had my personal statement done by the end of the summer. I had all my LOR's and transcripts submitted to LSAC by August, but had to wait til the beginning of September before schools started allowing access to their online applications. Having everything else done ahead of time really helped though. I was able to have all my apps completed by mid September and started getting acceptances by the end of that month. I would definitely advise you to apply as early as possible, but keep in mind that will probably mean September. Hope that helps!