Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Filing Applications now, lots of questions  (Read 460 times)

prelawdoc

• View Profile
    • Email
Filing Applications now, lots of questions
« on: January 25, 2010, 04:21:08 AM »
Hi

I am going to be late in applying to all my schools (Feb 1 deadline). and taking feb lsat.

I have a few questions.

1) Anyone have any experience with schools allowing any application deadline extension?
2) What exactly does deadline mean. Does my LDSAS credentialing have to be finalized by then too? Basically, all my transcript requests were processed by my schools barely two days ago... and my recommenders have not yet mailed out the letter. When does LDSAS send the report? After all transcripts and LORs received? or when you submit your applications?
3) Can i just have my letters sent directly to the schools by fax since I am applying only to a handful of schools?
4) does LDSAS have a minimum or max on number of LORs?

Yes I am late, but have had some personal issues, and last minute change of heart in applying this year. Thx for everyones help.

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Filing Applications now, lots of questions
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 09:00:52 AM »
Hi

I am going to be late in applying to all my schools (Feb 1 deadline). and taking feb lsat.

I have a few questions.

1) Anyone have any experience with schools allowing any application deadline extension?
2) What exactly does deadline mean. Does my LDSAS credentialing have to be finalized by then too? Basically, all my transcript requests were processed by my schools barely two days ago... and my recommenders have not yet mailed out the letter. When does LDSAS send the report? After all transcripts and LORs received? or when you submit your applications?
3) Can i just have my letters sent directly to the schools by fax since I am applying only to a handful of schools?
4) does LDSAS have a minimum or max on number of LORs?

Yes I am late, but have had some personal issues, and last minute change of heart in applying this year. Thx for everyones help.

1. No experience
2. After all transcripts are received.  You won't be complete at a school until the LORs are processed too.  I'm not sure if you'll be able to submit an application unless you're able to submit a school's minimum number of LOR's.  Some schools do not require any or just one.
3. They might be able to be sent through the mail if you've chosen to apply via paper application versus on-line.  But I doubt fax will work.  I think you'll have to have your recommenders send through through the post in an envelope signed on the seal. 
4. Nope.  Most schools have a minimum and maximum.