Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Scared and Curious  (Read 927 times)

hopeful juris

• View Profile
    • Email
Scared and Curious
« on: January 25, 2010, 02:07:15 AM »
I took my LSAT in Dec 2008 and had probably the panic attack of a lifetime. I still have nightmares about that sat afternoon. I pretty much dumped out my plastic baggy in the middle of the hallway to search for my identification which was in my pocket. There was money and everything everywhere. I started crying and then my mind blanked out. The only accomplishment about taking this exam is that this is the first standardized test that I have ever taken where I didn't fall asleep. Yes I fell asleep on my SATs ... twice. Anyways my score was 139 ashamed I was going to give up on law school. I do however really want to go it's all I ever wanted to do. I took 2009 off and debated whether or not I would study. I'm currently at a decent grad school and my grades are better than under grad. But I'm still concerned about the test. I took 1 practice test 6 months after the exam and scored a 157, which is what I was averaging before the exam. Not what I want I think if worst came to worst that I could get that at bare minimum on the exam. I have a lot of extra time, I'm willing to dedicate myself to this but how much time should I be spending on this? I would like to at the very least get a 165, my real goal is 170. I don't work, live a lone and I am a 5 min walk to the library. I've started practicing slowly to get back into the swing of things.  I did the kaplan thing which was of no help to me. I am considering the powerscore LG bible though. I own all the test prep books, so I have the materials. I have 3.58 from undergrad and a 3.8 gpa from grad school so I'm not worried about that. Any advice at approximately how much time I should spending per day on my test prep to reach my goal of 170? Also any advice for calming my nerves is greatly appreciated. 

cooleylawstudent

Re: Scared and Curious
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 10:02:20 AM »
It sounds like you made a HUGE increase in your score. I believe that the average increase is only around 2 points and often in the negative direction. That awsome, good work. Keep that up and you should be fine. Be aware that some schools take the "average" of the scores taken though but normally only if they are within 5 years of eachother.

exspes

• View Profile
Re: Scared and Curious
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 10:33:33 PM »
Its been half a year now, did you retake it? How'd the retest go? Did you get the 170?