Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cooley in the fall  (Read 9129 times)

cooleylawstudent

Re: Cooley in the fall
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2010, 11:09:31 AM »
even if it cost you a fortune, the "valid argument" isn't about cost(although many do get scholarships)
It is about the fact that some idiot thinks it HURTS a resume to add a JD if from a "bad" school. It can't.
That is why I ask again, metnion ONE just ONE job that you can get easier WITHOUT a cooley degree then with it?

Retard, how is ANY degree worse than not haveing one? Mention ONE just ONE job that you can get eaiser without a cooley degree than with it.

This would only be a valid argument if you got that degree at the grand total of $0.00

CJScalia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2010, 03:21:53 PM »
Paralegal at Wachtell or Cravath or SulCrom. Just as obvious examples. :)
3L
Law school completed.
Bar exams next.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2010, 04:34:32 PM »
ok, its all sinking in now. Hey everyone, a PARALEGAL is trying to tell you how to live your lives! :D
Yeah, the bittchy secretary who thinks she's better than the lawyer, that makes sense. Seen that before. Gotta love that.  :P

CooleyGrad

• ain't no sleep when you're living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2010, 12:04:27 PM »
Anybody planning to or considering Cooley in fall 2010? Which campus are you looking at? Have you visited?

*Please no trash talking the school, just people who seriously are or considering it.

Don't do it. Your resume looks better without it than with it. I have heard that it can actually HURT you in the future if employers see it.

I had zero problem finding a job back in my home state, and actually had a few options.  My core group of friends are all employed as well.  So I have to disagree with you here.  Is Jones Day going to hire you right out of school -- clearly not -- but they aren't going to hire from any T4 or T3 school at that point either.

CJScalia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2010, 09:51:21 PM »
Not to be an ass, but a paralegal at Wachtell makes more money than 99.95% of all the people who has ever graduated from Cooley.

ok, its all sinking in now. Hey everyone, a PARALEGAL is trying to tell you how to live your lives! :D
Yeah, the bittchy secretary who thinks she's better than the lawyer, that makes sense. Seen that before. Gotta love that.  :P

3L
Law school completed.
Bar exams next.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2010, 10:50:11 PM »
show me the stat on that.

wachtell-lipton. They make some good ass tea, I'll give you that.

Not to be an ass, but a paralegal at Wachtell makes more money than 99.95% of all the people who has ever graduated from Cooley.

Yeah, the bittchy secretary who thinks she's better than the lawyer, that makes sense. Seen that before. Gotta love that.  :P

CJScalia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2010, 11:09:10 PM »

If your not being an ass than what are you. Some people do make it big out of Cooley. Saying a paralegal makes more than 99.5% of Cooley grads is ridiculous. Your arguement is ignorant at best.

Uhm, factual? Facts are never good or bad, they simply are. Also, learn the difference between you're and your before posting on a law school forum, please.
3L
Law school completed.
Bar exams next.

Mr. Hart

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2010, 11:14:28 PM »
Just out of curiosity how much do these paralegals make. I doubt it is more than 99.5% of grads from Cooley.

CJScalia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2010, 11:17:03 PM »
Just out of curiosity how much do these paralegals make. I doubt it is more than 99.5% of grads from Cooley.

For 2009, I believe their paralegals started on $105,000 before bonuses.
3L
Law school completed.
Bar exams next.

Mr. Hart

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2010, 11:20:29 PM »
So your saying that 199 out of 200 people that graduate from Cooley don't crack 6 figures in their life. ??? ???