Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cooley in the fall  (Read 9907 times)

IAmMultipleBooks

• View Profile
Re: Cooley in the fall
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 01:09:45 PM »
Anybody planning to or considering Cooley in fall 2010? Which campus are you looking at? Have you visited?

*Please no trash talking the school, just people who seriously are or considering it.

Don't do it. Your resume looks better without it than with it. I have heard that it can actually HURT you in the future if employers see it.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 07:33:40 PM »
So in your  opinion going to cooley is worse than not going to lawschool at all?

Anybody planning to or considering Cooley in fall 2010? Which campus are you looking at? Have you visited?

*Please no trash talking the school, just people who seriously are or considering it.

Don't do it. Your resume looks better without it than with it. I have heard that it can actually HURT you in the future if employers see it.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2010, 09:17:23 PM »
Yes you literally die when you graduate from Cooley, the government has an order to kill you as you walk off the stage. It's like are your serious multiple books, it looks worse on a resume? 

Nobody is saying Cooley is Harvard, but I have actually worked with people that went to Cooley and were doing fine for themselves even people from CBA schools make it.  If the OP wants to be a lawyer then go for it you have a 0% chance of being unless you go to law school. If the OP is expecting anything to be handed to him from Cooley he is in for a surprise, but go to law school if you want to be lawyer, but do be aware of the risks and that Cooley is not Harvard.

There might be someone that thinks Cooley looks bad on a resume, I worked for this solo practioner who said he would never hire someone from Boalt or Stanford are those bad schools uhhhh noooooooooo! It was just his own opinion and he was entitled to have it.  Each employer can have their own view and there are a lot of factors that go into hiring someone other than the name of their school

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2010, 09:22:51 PM »
You need to stop leaking state secrets like that man, Cheney has a lot of extra free time for hunting trips these days.....just a thought of caution........

Yes you literally die when you graduate from Cooley, the government has an order to kill you as you walk off the stage. It's like are your serious multiple books, it looks worse on a resume? 

Nobody is saying Cooley is Harvard, but I have actually worked with people that went to Cooley and were doing fine for themselves even people from CBA schools make it.  If the OP wants to be a lawyer then go for it you have a 0% chance of being unless you go to law school. If the OP is expecting anything to be handed to him from Cooley he is in for a surprise, but go to law school if you want to be lawyer, but do be aware of the risks and that Cooley is not Harvard.

There might be someone that thinks Cooley looks bad on a resume, I worked for this solo practioner who said he would never hire someone from Boalt or Stanford are those bad schools uhhhh noooooooooo! It was just his own opinion and he was entitled to have it.  Each employer can have their own view and there are a lot of factors that go into hiring someone other than the name of their school

therewillbeblood

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2010, 04:12:11 PM »

Neither the strawman argument or your anecdotal evidence disprove the point; that Cooley puts you at a severe disadvantage in the legal job market.

IAmMultipleBooks

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2010, 04:16:49 PM »

Everyone thinks Cooley is a joke. It's literally the butt of law school jokes. It is worse than not having a law degree.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2010, 04:46:24 PM »
Retard, how is ANY degree worse than not haveing one? Mention ONE just ONE job that you can get eaiser without a cooley degree than with it.

Everyone thinks Cooley is a joke. It's literally the butt of law school jokes. It is worse than not having a law degree.

IAmMultipleBooks

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2010, 05:20:18 PM »
Thanks for making my point for me.

Retard, how is ANY degree worse than not haveing one? Mention ONE just ONE job that you can get eaiser without a cooley degree than with it.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2010, 06:05:26 PM »
pointing out your medical disability isn't a point. Answer the question, if you can, and your won't, because you can't.

Thanks for making my point for me.

CJScalia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2010, 01:24:19 AM »

This would only be a valid argument if you got that degree at the grand total of $0.00
3L
Law school completed.
Bar exams next.