Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cooley in the fall  (Read 9307 times)

CJScalia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Cooley in the fall
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2010, 11:21:09 PM »
and if a cooley grad applied to one of those paralegals (when no one else would hire them) you think the company wouldn't be shitting themselves with excitment to have a lawyer and not just a secretary doing that job?

That's exactly what I'm saying, yes.

So your saying that 199 out of 200 people that graduate from Cooley don't crack 6 figures in their life. ??? ???

At the same relative point in their career? I doubt it, but I don't really care as I'm not at Cooley.

I started at 83k with a mid-sized firm here in my home state. 27 attorneys -- damn same that I will forever be limited to making an additional 17k a year...

I'm not sure why you would assume that about the other category either; but I think you got my point anyway. As I said before, I don't have a personal beef with Cooley, and I have no problem understanding why some people like it there.
3L
Law school completed.
Bar exams next.

trudawg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2010, 03:26:03 PM »
Honestly if you aren't attending, or have attended Cooley then your opinion is virtually worthless to me or anyone else going or considering going there.
Back on topic, as of today the Ann Arbor Campus is full, which sux for me  because my family lives in Ann Arbor. My next campus of choice is Lansing and just making the hour an a half commute from A2

2013JD

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2010, 01:04:04 PM »
It's kind of funny hearing people trash Cooley.  Please keep in mind these are the same people who would never make it there.

I'm in my third term there and I'm going there while working.

I found a great tutor who set me straight and will even help me for the Bar Exam and his prices were beyond affordable.
I won two Book awards since starting there and while I only take 3 classes a term, Cooley allowed me this opportunity so please, don't believe all of the nonsense.

Going to Cooley can be a great thing and if you want to trasnfer after a year, I'll give you Bill's info. (tutor) and he'll help you out.
Take it from me, I'm not the traditional student and Cooley is allowing me to chase my dreams and after my grades come back in Week 4 I'll have even more options thanks to the opportunity Cooley gave me.

Good luck to you.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2010, 12:48:00 AM »
What do you know about Cooley you think going to the school and experiencing it first hand makes you qualified to take about the school. Are you crazy!!! The only people that know anything about law school are those that have not even taken the LSAT or set foot in a law school classroom. Those are the opinions I want to hear not some actual law student's first hand experience.

I do love how people knock tier 4's etc that have absolutely no idea about the school and generally the people who have the harshest things to say are those who have never set foot in a law school classroom.  I have never been to Cooley and it is unlikely I will ever find myself in Lansing anytime soon, but I have worked for successful Cooley alumni and people on this board that actually go to the school seem to have good things to say about it.  Cooley is not Harvard and I assume you know that when you went in, but the reality is law school is what you make of it. For any soon to be 1L law students don't listen to the idiotic stuff you hear on the internet and do not take U.S. News rankings to seriously. 

REALITY

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2010, 10:57:49 AM »
I suspect its since lawyers know that only Republican opinions mean anything(the paper is VERY much republican based)
Stop abortions, Send the illegals back in chains, Gun rights even for toddlers, stop all welfare programs, and eliminate term limits to re-elect Bush.
Why wouldn't you want these things?

What do you know about Cooley you think going to the school and experiencing it first hand makes you qualified to take about the school. Are you crazy!!! The only people that know anything about law school are those that have not even taken the LSAT or set foot in a law school classroom. Those are the opinions I want to hear not some actual law student's first hand experience.

I do love how people knock tier 4's etc that have absolutely no idea about the school and generally the people who have the harshest things to say are those who have never set foot in a law school classroom.  I have never been to Cooley and it is unlikely I will ever find myself in Lansing anytime soon, but I have worked for successful Cooley alumni and people on this board that actually go to the school seem to have good things to say about it.  Cooley is not Harvard and I assume you know that when you went in, but the reality is law school is what you make of it. For any soon to be 1L law students don't listen to the idiotic stuff you hear on the internet and do not take U.S. News rankings to seriously.

2013JD

« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2010, 01:05:54 PM »
The bottom line is that Cooley is brutal and will make you a better lawyer.
Don't buy image over substance.
Go to Cooley and make it happen for yourself.

REALITY

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2010, 01:21:15 PM »
what if I want as easy "P" grade and expect a $160K job day one handed to me? You saying I don't deserve that!?!?!?!-Yeah you're probally right.

The bottom line is that Cooley is brutal and will make you a better lawyer.
Don't buy image over substance.
Go to Cooley and make it happen for yourself.

JDGuy86

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2010, 10:05:53 AM »
So.. how many of you superior intellectual posters missed the first post saying please no trash talking cooley on this post? We've all already heard your claims & yet Cooley remains the largest law school in the country. 

I am going to Cooley in the fall of 2011 (deferred admission from april acceptance w/scholarship).  Lets make this about networking for people actually planning or currently going to Cooley Law. PM me if you are such a person.

Thanks  & good luck!

mrpopos10

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2010, 11:48:33 AM »
Largest like Mcdonalds, [Comment removed by moderator- let's keep this board at least relatively nice]