Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cooley in the fall  (Read 8693 times)

JDGuy86

• View Profile
Cooley in the fall
« on: January 23, 2010, 10:54:17 PM »
Anybody planning to or considering Cooley in fall 2010? Which campus are you looking at? Have you visited?

*Please no trash talking the school, just people who seriously are or considering it.

SLJD23

• View Profile
Re: Cooley in the fall
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 02:03:55 PM »
I am considering Cooley in Fall 2010, specifically the Ann Arbor campus because it's closest for me.  I originally applied for Auburn Hills because of the weekend option, but I decided that was too far for me since I live just south of Toledo, Oh.  Of course I know all of the bad things people say, but I am considering Cooley because of the full-tuition scholarship I was offered.  My next option is University of Toledo Law, depending on what scholarship I am offered there, if any.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 02:25:07 PM »
Awsome. Best to you both.

oneoclockjump40

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 09:22:44 PM »
I applied to Cooley and I am awaiting a decision.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 10:40:40 PM »
How long ago did you apply?

I applied to Cooley and I am awaiting a decision.

JDGuy86

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 03:08:42 AM »
I also am awaiting a decision.. since early february when my file was complete. I'm in the range to get a 25% scholarship based on the lsat so hopefully should come soon. I'm also planning on the ann arbor campus.

l8outoftheg8

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 12:00:34 PM »
I just took the Feb. LSAT and I applied for Summer (May) 2010 admission to the Cooley Ann Arbor campus, among other schools.  I emailed Cooley's admission office on Monday and received a response that stated I can expect to receive notice on my admissions decision in about two weeks.  So, it'll be the week of March 22 when the news hits.  I am anxious--entering law school is very exciting!  It helped calm some of my anxiety when I received the first piece of good news, accepted at UDMercy, yesterday via email.  It also made me hungry for more.  I will be going to Cooley's Ann Arbor open house March 25.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 06:46:53 PM »
So you go to Detroit but chose Cooley still? Thats cool.

I just took the Feb. LSAT and I applied for Summer (May) 2010 admission to the Cooley Ann Arbor campus, among other schools.  I emailed Cooley's admission office on Monday and received a response that stated I can expect to receive notice on my admissions decision in about two weeks.  So, it'll be the week of March 22 when the news hits.  I am anxious--entering law school is very exciting!  It helped calm some of my anxiety when I received the first piece of good news, accepted at UDMercy, yesterday via email.  It also made me hungry for more.  I will be going to Cooley's Ann Arbor open house March 25.

l8outoftheg8

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 11:06:14 AM »
It's primarily an economic decision.  I'm interested and intrigued by UDM's program, but I'm attracted by Cooley's honors scholarship.  Either school will get me to the bar exam.  I also figure, with either school, obtaining employment is really going to be on me.

therewillbeblood

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 12:34:45 PM »
Getting a job after Cooley is exponentially harder than at just about every other law school in the country.  Be warned.