Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Where can I transfer to?  (Read 1528 times)

slayerbtvs

• View Profile
Where can I transfer to?
« on: January 23, 2010, 01:26:12 AM »
Hi everyone - I never do this but thought advice could help. I am at a school ranked in 20s and got a 4.05 gpa first semester. Where can i transfer into?

xxspykex

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Where can I transfer to?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 02:22:13 AM »
If you can maintain it then shoot for Yale, Harvard, & Stanford. You'll probably get into at least one of them and it wouldn't be a huge surprise if you got into all of them.

SASS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 01:13:24 PM »
You should definitely shoot for the top, I think you could probably get into one of the top schools.  I would also suggest trying to get money from your current school, especially if you are in a major market already.  While I don't really think transferring to a top school is ever a wrong decision, you are already at a good school and you may find it worthwhile to take the money and discount your legal education in lieu of transferring. Especially since the economy has been so bad lately. Even top school students are struggling to find work now. But that could change by the time you graduate.

Congrats on your grades and good luck to you.   

CanadianWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 07:19:17 PM »
You have not shared enough information for anyone to offer meaningful advice. Most important factors are grades, class rank & reason for wanting to transfer.
Obviously if you want to practice in your home state & there is a highly ranked state school offering in-state tuition rates, then that law school should be considered.