Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: St. Mary's School of Law (Unlocked)  (Read 5320 times)

roblaw

• View Profile
St. Mary's School of Law (Unlocked)
« on: January 21, 2010, 06:37:24 PM »
Our previous thread on St. Mary's School of Law was locked because I'm a "shill."  I was accused of being a student at St. Mary's Law.  Well, yes I am, and I said that in my post.  I think students considering St. Mary's should have the ability to hear from someone who actually attends the school, as opposed to an anonymous poster who has yet to even apply to law school.

Nevertheless, you might have heard about the two St. Mary's law students who went to Haiti on a rescue mission.  Here's the CNN interview, and another video for good measure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkEyhnO9jJM&feature=youtube_gdata

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsqrJ3fb3TQ

I encourage any interested students to send me a message, or to come and visit the school.  I don't mind if you ignore everything I have to say.  Just get your facts from someone who has actual knowledge.

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: St. Mary's School of Law (Unlocked)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 10:26:54 PM »
Anonymous poster who has yet to even apply to law school?  I'm a federal clerk...  I will post from work, let a mod check my IP address, and have them confirm for you if you wish.

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 09:42:15 AM »
Post.

Can a mod confirm that my IP is 208.27.203.x? 

See http://www.robtex.com/cnet/208.27.203.html

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 02:39:51 PM »

That's not your IP- but I'm not sure why you feel the need to proove your status.

Our previous thread on St. Mary's School of Law was locked because I'm a "shill."  I was accused of being a student at St. Mary's Law.  Well, yes I am, and I said that in my post.  I think students considering St. Mary's should have the ability to hear from someone who actually attends the school, as opposed to an anonymous poster who has yet to even apply to law school.

It was mostly locked because the thread was just devolving into a flamewar about the school. This thread will remain open until it gets to that point.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 06:01:54 PM »
That dosn't really prove anything. I've known a lot of court clerks with less than a full undergrad degree. Better point why waste our tax dollars doing it at work? Are you that bored to go online and BS on the clock with lawstudents? What's your boss think of that? Isn't bragging about your IP address a way of snitching on yourself to get caught?

Anonymous poster who has yet to even apply to law school?  I'm a federal clerk...  I will post from work, let a mod check my IP address, and have them confirm for you if you wish.

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 08:55:10 PM »
I've known a lot of court clerks with less than a full undergrad degree.

There is a HUGE difference between a "court clerk" and a law school graduate who is clerking for a judge. The former does clerical work, the latter actually writes opinions.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 01:27:17 PM »
That dosn't really prove anything. I've known a lot of court clerks with less than a full undergrad degree. Better point why waste our tax dollars doing it at work? Are you that bored to go online and BS on the clock with lawstudents? What's your boss think of that? Isn't bragging about your IP address a way of snitching on yourself to get caught?

(1)  You wrongly assume that I was on the clock while posting.
(2)  I am trying to give prospective students advice based upon my experience - not trying to BS anyone.
(3)  I'm a federal judicial law clerk - i.e., an elbow clerk for a judge.  I am not a clerk of court.

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 01:39:36 PM »

That's not your IP- but I'm not sure why you feel the need to proove your status.

Well, I took a screen shot just to confirm that my IP address is, in fact, 208.27.203.x.  I deleted the last string of digits because I do not wish to identify my circuit.  I deleted the entire IP from my second post because it is my home IP.

I felt the need to prove my status because apparently roblaw believes I'm "an anonymous poster who has yet to even apply to law school."

Right click, view image to see larger image.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 01:44:55 PM »
thanks for filling me on the difference(and not wasting tax dollars on the clock too)

Does your position require a JD?

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 01:47:06 PM »
thanks for filling me on the difference(and not wasting tax dollars on the clock too)

Does your position require a JD?

No problemo.  Yes, it does require a JD.  Wikipedia provides a decent write-up here:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_clerk