Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: St. Mary's School of Law (Unlocked)  (Read 5600 times)

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: St. Mary's School of Law (Unlocked)
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2010, 08:35:31 AM »
I say if his school really makes lousy lawyers then you should thanks him for attending it, making your schools grads look good by comparison and be able to thus charge higher rates to clients.  ;D 

As for getting in though, hell yeah he's better off at that school(or any for that matter) than none at all. What's worse mabey stuggling to pay the bills as a lawyer or for sure going into debt working in some broke factory that will be overseas in a few years anyways leaving you with no pension and no skills?  :-\

Mr. studyingdude, what you have written is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone viewing this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2010, 01:12:00 PM »
how is it hard to understand? 1) If they authenticly make "bad" lawyers then by comparison you'd look good

2) He's better off making money as a lawyer then not

I say if his school really makes lousy lawyers then you should thanks him for attending it, making your schools grads look good by comparison and be able to thus charge higher rates to clients.  ;D 

As for getting in though, hell yeah he's better off at that school(or any for that matter) than none at all. What's worse mabey stuggling to pay the bills as a lawyer or for sure going into debt working in some broke factory that will be overseas in a few years anyways leaving you with no pension and no skills?  :-\

Mr. studyingdude, what you have written is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone viewing this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2010, 01:51:50 PM »
how is it hard to understand? 1) If they authenticly make "bad" lawyers then by comparison you'd look good

1.  This is exactly what is wrong with the legal profession today.  There are way too many lawyers out there giving good, intelligent lawyers a bad name.  Like the medical profession, the legal profession should strive to provide a higher quality of legal services rather than a higher quantity.  Many variations of this same argument have been hashed out millions of times over - I'm not going to re-hash it here.

2.  "or for sure going into debt working in some broke factory"

How did this hypothetical factory worker get into debt in the first place?  Most factory workers do not have a college education and therefore have no debt when beginning their jobs.  If the factory worker has no debt, then at least he's only paying his rent + utilities.  On the other hand, consider an attorney who has significant debt from both college and law school.  The attorney is only making enough to pay off his rent, his utilities, and the interest on his loan.  At the end of the day, sure the attorney has made more money, but he still owes the principal on his loan and is no better off than the factory worker.

Sometimes you just have to think with your head.  I don't think you really comprehend what it's like to pay 8% interest on $120K student loans while working a $30-40K job, paying rent, taxes, and utils.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2010, 07:52:22 PM »
Are you seriously asking how factory workers go into debt? Do you really think that you have to go to college to go into debt? If you make low money then just being alive puts you into debt and for the average american even a factory job is a dream they can't achieve(thanks to them closing and moving overseas) Johny BurgerKing and his janitor girlfriend will go into creditcard and other debt just trying to stay alive. Thats how.

1.  This is exactly what is wrong with the legal profession today.  There are way too many lawyers out there giving good, intelligent lawyers a bad name.  Like the medical profession, the legal profession should strive to provide a higher quality of legal services rather than a higher quantity.  Many variations of this same argument have been hashed out millions of times over - I'm not going to re-hash it here.

2.  "or for sure going into debt working in some broke factory"

How did this hypothetical factory worker get into debt in the first place?  Most factory workers do not have a college education and therefore have no debt when beginning their jobs.  If the factory worker has no debt, then at least he's only paying his rent + utilities.  On the other hand, consider an attorney who has significant debt from both college and law school.  The attorney is only making enough to pay off his rent, his utilities, and the interest on his loan.  At the end of the day, sure the attorney has made more money, but he still owes the principal on his loan and is no better off than the factory worker.

Sometimes you just have to think with your head.  I don't think you really comprehend what it's like to pay 8% interest on $120K student loans while working a $30-40K job, paying rent, taxes, and utils.