Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Can I transfer to NYC or DC?  (Read 1150 times)

softballgurl_55

• View Profile
Can I transfer to NYC or DC?
« on: January 21, 2010, 04:18:51 PM »
I am really interested in international law and I am currently at Seattle University School of Law where the school has a B- curve. I did pretty well last semester with a 3.399, and I would like to transfer to a law school in NYC or DC. What are my potential choices? Do I have any?

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Can I transfer to NYC or DC?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 05:05:04 PM »
Sounds like you are top 10%.  You could get into GW most likely and have a shot at GULC as well.

xxspykex

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 07:06:00 PM »
Sounds like you are top 10%.  You could get into GW most likely and have a shot at GULC as well.

Doubt it's top 10%. My school last year was on a B- curve and a 3.84 was around top 5-7%. GULC will probably take top 5% RD from SeattleU and might not even be worth applying EA because you might outright get rejected (and not deferred to RD meaning you probably can't be considered for RD even with a 4.0 next semester).

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 08:58:58 AM »
The curve you discuss doesn't make any sense.  A B- curve means 50% of the class is below a 3.0.  There is no way you would need a 3.84 to be in the top of the class.

GW is on a B+ curve and a 3.6-7 or so puts you in the top 15% designation.

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 08:23:01 PM »
The curve you discuss doesn't make any sense.  A B- curve means 50% of the class is below a 3.0.  There is no way you would need a 3.84 to be in the top of the class.

Depends on the standard deviation. High curved schools have really small standard deviations. I imagine lower-curved schools have much larger ones.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?