Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2.97/162, Need some help, For decent affordable schools  (Read 2918 times)

cooleylawstudent

Re: 2.97/162, Need some help, For decent affordable schools
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2010, 05:05:11 PM »
How is good advice hostiel? ???

you can still transfer.  :)

And get a full ride as a transfer 2L? I don't think so.

He could still go ahead and apply at cooley and if he gets his free ride, withdraw/forfeit his seat deposit at wherever he orginally accepted...all that school will do is snag someone off the waitlist. It's no skin off these schools' backs, if I were him I wouldn't feel any loyalty til I arrive at the first day of class.

And the fact that no one cares about the difference between the SUNYs should actually work in OP's favour.

I also find it incredibly rude to laugh his GPA to scorn and QUESTION him about it in such a hostile manner.  If he was acting like his GPA is the same as an MIT 3.9, fine to bring him back to reality, but he already realizes it's not good, so why beat a dead horse?

You people need to stop killing off the board's new posts with this hostility.

legalized

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2010, 07:08:34 PM »
How is good advice hostiel? ???

you can still transfer.  :)

And get a full ride as a transfer 2L? I don't think so.

He could still go ahead and apply at cooley and if he gets his free ride, withdraw/forfeit his seat deposit at wherever he orginally accepted...all that school will do is snag someone off the waitlist. It's no skin off these schools' backs, if I were him I wouldn't feel any loyalty til I arrive at the first day of class.

And the fact that no one cares about the difference between the SUNYs should actually work in OP's favour.

I also find it incredibly rude to laugh his GPA to scorn and QUESTION him about it in such a hostile manner.  If he was acting like his GPA is the same as an MIT 3.9, fine to bring him back to reality, but he already realizes it's not good, so why beat a dead horse?

You people need to stop killing off the board's new posts with this hostility.

Where did i say the advice given was hostile?

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2010, 12:25:13 AM »
when you used the word hostile towards the end of the quote that I used. Hostile normally means hostile. How did you intend it to be read?

legalized

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2010, 10:17:15 AM »
when you used the word hostile towards the end of the quote that I used. Hostile normally means hostile. How did you intend it to be read?

You are either being purposefully obtuse or blind as a bat.

The word hostile was used referring to the enlarged words in my previous quote.  Why did you apply the word to the advice?

A hostile QUESTION is not ADVICE.

Maybe you don't know the difference.

Never mind.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2010, 11:48:48 AM »
When did I scorn someones GPA or LSAT?

You are either being purposefully obtuse or blind as a bat.

The word hostile was used referring to the enlarged words in my previous quote.  Why did you apply the word to the advice?

A hostile QUESTION is not ADVICE.

Maybe you don't know the difference.

Never mind.

LibertyRansom

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2010, 10:06:06 AM »
Haha, it's all good guys.  I've no hard feelings on any criticism given.  I've also made my decision to go to Buffalo, at 16k a year.   Thanks for all the help!