Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Disclose sexual orientation or no?  (Read 4995 times)

cooleylawstudent

Re: Disclose sexual orientation or no?
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 10:39:51 PM »
My job as a paralegal shows me just how many types of people there are out there.  :o

Haynes7

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 07:51:58 PM »
   Just because a straight man is attracted to "women" doesn't mean he needs to date all women or even many women to be "satisfied".  Being bisexual just means that you are capable of being intimate with either men or women.  Many bisexual people are in happy monogamous relationships.  A bisexual person is attracted to the individual not their gender.  In many ways this makes them the most likely to enter into monogamous relationships.   
    Bisexual individuals face hostility for precisely the reasons you brought up.  People claim it does not qualify as a true "minority" category.  Bisexual people are often discriminated against by people within the gay community and straight community for being "on the fence".  It is amazing to me that many people can comprehend being gay or straight but cannot seem to wrap their heads around bisexuality. 
I don't want to offend anyone (even though I understand I probably will) but can someone please help me understand why being bisexual should have any impact on an application?

You get turned on by/fall in love with more types of people than anyone else right?   What does that quality or experience offer a law school in terms of diversity? (Or anything else for that matter)

And as a bisexual, do you have any desire to enter into a monogamous relationship with one person?  Or do you require intimacy with both sexes in order to be satisfied?  And if so, do you support polygamy?  (e.g., one straight man married to two bisexual women)

vercingetorix

• Sr. Citizen
  • Vive le quebec libre
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 09:12:11 AM »
I don't want to offend anyone (even though I understand I probably will) but can someone please help me understand why being bisexual should have any impact on an application?

I second this emotion. No one likes a victim. You are not special. Welcome to the world.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2010, 11:09:46 AM »
remind us how many "bisexual people you didn't call fagot and kick out of your unit, eh JH?

I second this emotion. No one likes a victim. You are not special. Welcome to the world.

vercingetorix

• Sr. Citizen
  • Vive le quebec libre
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2010, 12:21:13 PM »
remind us how many "bisexual people you didn't call fagot and kick out of your unit, eh JH?

Oh stop pretending dude, you know I kicked you out for open and notorious buggery. Your arguments have the clarity and precision of a Jackson Pollock.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 12:24:00 PM »
nice "attempt" at use of the quote button. Honestly JH hate homosexuals, you admitt that or not?

Oh stop pretending dude, you know I kicked you out for open and notorious buggery. Your arguments have the clarity and precision of a Jackson Pollock.

vercingetorix

• Sr. Citizen
  • Vive le quebec libre
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2010, 12:34:00 PM »
nice "attempt" at use of the quote button. Honestly JH hate homosexuals, you admitt that or not?

Your argument is ridiculous. There are over 200,000 DD's. I would imagine a fair number of them are gay. Are they just self-hating masochists? There are also thousands and thousands of 18-22 year-olds who find gayness as exciting as left-handedness. Come to think of it, that's how I feel about it. I don't give a toss what you do in your bedroom. My point (focus....now focus this is important) is that I find being gay or bisexual or transgendered is a complete and total bore. I couldn't care less. Can you do your job? Bringing up the fact that you date dudes is totally irrelevant. Same goes for law school. Also, you must be old because you make totally inappropriate use of "quotes."

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2010, 03:03:40 PM »
This is a dead thread that's nothing but a flame war receptacle. Locked.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?