Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Do students at the top school ever worry about failing out?  (Read 940 times)

byebyeny

• View Profile
    • Email
Do students at the top school ever worry about failing out?
« on: January 14, 2010, 11:14:27 PM »
Law school is hard for everyone, that is an obvious point. But I personally feel very worried about failing out(as we all know private schools that are not top 30 do have some attrition, the number going up as the ranking goes down) and this adds a LOT more stress. Do any of you ever feel stressed about this? Also, do you think it is a better(safer) strategy for a person like me to have gone to a public school where they have almost no attrition? I realized there were some schools(like university of utah, SUNY buffalo) that are not very high ranked but have decent tuition and almost 0 percent attrition rate. Also, let's say I am at the bottom 5 percent at a top 50 private law school and due to the curve, I am academically disqualified. Does this mean if I have gone to a school where there is no student failing out, I am likely to pass? I would really appreciate any thoughtful insight from law students or lawyers who know about these matters. Thanks in advance.

hopefulsplitter28

• View Profile
Re: Do students at the top school ever worry about failing out?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 07:13:03 AM »
Sorry, don't know the answer to your original post. But:
January doesn't sound too late for you to boost up your grades. Don't give up!