Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transfer to the University of Tennessee  (Read 2101 times)

tnmoore37

• View Profile
Transfer to the University of Tennessee
« on: January 14, 2010, 12:09:16 PM »
I am from East Tennessee and I really want to transfer to UT in the fall as a 2L. Does anybody have any information on their transfer process (as their website is pretty uninformative)? Anybody else going to try to transfer there? Thank you!

coto29

Re: Transfer to the University of Tennessee
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 01:19:16 PM »
I am from Knoxville and didn't even apply to UT.  From what I could tell UT Law is very political, many many people in the area don't go to their local school, that says a lot. But if you have some connections use them. I have 3 friends who are from the area and are in or graduated from law school and only one went to UT. One buddy of mine, a normal student 150somethin on the LSAT and a 3.4 GPA has been tryin to get in for like 5 years and hasn't.  If you look at UT stats his scores are in the median. I know transferring has been done though, but UT dose not take many.  There is a DATA base in this forum that can give you stats on people who did transfer to UT.  From where and what kinda grades.  Hope this helps.  UT law is so much who you know not what you know. And they have a good reputation.  Good luck.

tnmoore37

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 09:04:26 AM »
Coto thank you for the info! Where is this DATA base on the site? I have been to the Yahoo group and looked through their base but really nothing about UT. Thanks in advance!

coto29

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 01:27:19 PM »
I'm sorry I can't remember where.  Sounds like you found the yahoo group data base.  They don't mention too many names, but ranking numbers and you can use that.  The other Data Base in this forum is a better organized version of the yahoo Data Base.  You'll have to search through the different posts to find it.  It's in this forum or in the yahoo transferapps forum posts.  Sorry I can't be of more help.  I have just sifted through too much information to locate it and didn't make a note of it because its not relevant to my own situation.
Do you know any attorneys or judges in ET who went to UT?  You could try to talk to them and ask them for a recommendation.  Also, UT law admissions should give you some guidance.  One more, if you went to college in the TN system they should have pre-law advisers that would have some info and may even know the UT people.  Good Luck.

coto29

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 02:30:32 PM »
One other thing, the book The Art of Law School Transfer has a chart I looked up on the number of transfers, offers and acceptances from the top 50 or so law schools.  It reported 9 transfer applications last year and 0 offers from UT.  Not encouraging, but Good Luck.