Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transferring from Touro?  (Read 2968 times)

johnnyv1117

• View Profile
Transferring from Touro?
« on: January 08, 2010, 02:25:57 PM »
I am a 1L that just finished my first semester at Touro, after grades came back i finished with a 3.65 gpa, which included a Cali Award in Torts.  I was curious what my options would be if i was to consider transferring,i do want to remain in the NY area.  Thanks for any input

scoop333

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Transferring from Touro?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 10:44:24 PM »
Assuming you keep your grades up in the Spring, you have a good chance at any of the T3 and T2 schools located in NY.  As to any of the T1 schools they are long shots.  For more info, personal message me.  Good luck this semester.

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 10:57:21 PM »
As to any of the T1 schools they are long shots.

Why do you say that? Sounds like OP is very top of the class. I would imagine at least Fordham would be a possibility.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

dominicoo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 04:15:43 PM »
OP, it really depends on what your rank is? What is the 3.65 GPA in terms of rankings?

Mr. Hart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 07:28:51 PM »
According to the 2009 database on the yahoo transfer group top 5% at Touro got into Columbia,Cardozo, and Brooklyn.

TouroLawStudent

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 12:24:36 PM »
TRANSFER!!!! I am with you at Touro...If you get accepted to any law school that is in the tiers above...GO...I used to work for a very big, very corporate law firm that I have a good relationship with...they told me that if I do not transfer, I have virtually no shot at working there...big law firms do not want their clients to see a school they have never heard of...

Even if you are giving up a scholarship...transfer...pay the $$, and you will be rewarded w/an amazing job...OR stay and work in Suffolk county...

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 06:44:45 PM »
what if the OP does not want work in Big Law, should they still give up $$$$ in your opinion. I imagine a lot of Touro students went in not expecting or even wanting Big Law careers.