Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 145, 148 on lsat  (Read 1319 times)

hopeful_thinker

• View Profile
145, 148 on lsat
« on: January 05, 2010, 01:14:36 AM »
so yeah I didnt really have a lot of time to study for the lsat... I took it in september and got a 145, and was really nervous so i thought i would take it again without studying much either.. took practice tests and was getting 160-165 so I thought I was in real good shape.. except I didnt do it with testing conditions... but yeah i was working a part time job along with taking 24 credits.. and didnt have much time, but. i got a 148. of course I know that is not good.

So I guess I have two questions:
1. If I have any chance this those horrible scores.. I have a 3.67 gpa.

and

2. If I decided to actually take the time and study over the next year, I was wondering how it looks to admissions if you take the lsat 3 times with 2 scores being horrible.. and the 3rd a solid say 160.. i mean i would really plan on studying for it.. then if i did horrible again, who knows.

Thanks for the help!

Andy25

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 145, 148 on lsat
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 02:20:21 PM »
I think you could still get in with those scores. It depends what law school you are looking into. I think you could make it into a 4th tier school. Do you have a graduate degree, any extra curricular activities, are you a minority or low income?
If you want to go into corporate law and work for a large firm maybe you would be better off retaking the exam so you can go to a top school. But if you want to have your own law firm or work for the government you could go to a cheaper lower tier school. Plus, by going to a lower tier school you would be less in debt. You could get good grades and then transfer anyway.

Good Luck.