Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UF 2L Taking Questions  (Read 4986 times)

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: UF 2L Taking Questions
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 10:51:00 PM »
Awesome! Sounds good so far.  I was a bit confused when you said most law students attend f-ball games if they win the lottery..what does this mean? Just a slang or something I'm missing?

Sorry about that.  All students who want student tickets for all the home football games must enter a lottery to get them.  Supposedly, most graduate students get them, but I was one of the few who wasn't so lucky.   :-\

Sephiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 03:33:02 AM »
 What! That is unlawful! You should sue them, you are obviously a student and are guaranteed the normal rights that any regularly matriculated student has.  UMich law students attend football games any time they want, what is this discriminatory and untoward agenda UF has against its law students?  If most go, how were you one who was precluded; what happened?  Please describe..

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 06:53:05 PM »
What! That is unlawful! You should sue them, you are obviously a student and are guaranteed the normal rights that any regularly matriculated student has.  UMich law students attend football games any time they want, what is this discriminatory and untoward agenda UF has against its law students?  If most go, how were you one who was precluded; what happened?  Please describe..

I'm assuming you're joking!  :D  That's the way the cookie crumbles.

Sephiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 11:55:21 PM »
I was joking and serious..a little bit of both..but you said most law/grad students easily attend f-ball games, right?

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 10:15:55 AM »
I was joking and serious..a little bit of both..but you said most law/grad students easily attend f-ball games, right?

Most people that I know here do attend football games.  I don't have empirical data, though!  :D

gatorgirl711

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 03:32:27 PM »
i'm pretty sure a higher percentage of grad students get them than undergrads.
Go Gators! :)

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 12:24:24 AM »
i'm pretty sure a higher percentage of grad students get them than undergrads.

Yeah, I'm fairly certain of that too. 

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 01:02:18 PM »
what wing speed swallow?

Thane Messinger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2010, 03:44:09 AM »
I was thinking about transferring to UF.  Do you know any transfers?  If so, how difficult/competitive was it for them?  Thanks.

That's a good question.  I know of people who transferred, but they're "merely" people I have met maybe once or twice ever.  Now that I think of it, two UF law students who transferred into UF, in fact, wrote a book about the transferring process that may (or may not) help you:

http://www.law.ufl.edu/flalawonline/2009/08312009/transfer.shtml

(I never read the book and don't really know them, so I cannot vouch for the book's accuracy.)

As it happens I was an editor for this book.  It does have stats for schools.  I was unaware before reading this of the various schools that take an exceptionally large number of transfer students (relatively), which can of course make a difference in terms of acceptance probabilities.  There are a few surprises, on both the high and low sides.

For UF, apparently they offer admission to 27 out of 120 applicants, with 20 of those 27 accepting the offer.  

Also, FYI, transfer applications are usually reviewed by the dean directly.