Specific Groups / Issues > Minority Topics

2.9 GPA/156 LSAT Mexican American Female

(1/2) > >>

alechen:
Hi everyone! I have my B.A. in Spanish Literature with a minor in business and classes in mandarin chinese,anthropology, sciences, and entrepreneurship. I have done work with refugee students and their community and I am interested in either immigration or international law. I don't know anyone going to law school and would like some advice on law schools for my gpa/lsat range. So far, I have been looking at:
New York Law School
SMU Dedman
Southwestern Law School
Drexel-Earle Mack School of Law
U of Florida

I went to a tier 1 undergrad ( its ranked 34th) and have significant student debt so I want to make sure I end up at a good law school for better job opportunities . Any advice about the schools in my list or others I should consider?? Also, since my gpa is low, I don't know if I should aim for other schools where my LSAT is on the lower range.Please help!Thanks in advance:)

mexjd:
Quihubole...

sounds like you haven't looked at the "likelihood of admission" calculator provided by LSAC:

http://officialguide.lsac.org/UGPASearch/Search3.aspx?SidString=

Ninja1:
Florida and SMU aren't going to happen, but the rest are all doable.

Is there any particular part of the country you want to end up in?

alechen:
Thanks for the feedback, I prefer to be in NY, Texas or California. Any other suggestions of good schools to look into? I have looked at the lsac likelihood of admission calculator, but I don't know which schools within my lsat/gpa range are worth the tuition.

Hope22:
I would still apply to SMU their median is 157-163.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version