Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UGPA 3.62 with a 156 LSAT, Need Some Help  (Read 794 times)

doubled99

• View Profile
UGPA 3.62 with a 156 LSAT, Need Some Help
« on: December 30, 2009, 07:01:52 PM »
I attend a school in Ohio, which I will be graduating from this coming May. I need to know if I have any chances at University of North Carolina. Also, which Ohio schools or other outside schools (no particular state desired, would like good state job prospects though) I could make it in to.

I have good soft factors from college. As in, I am a Division 1 college wrestler which will hopefully go good for me then.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: UGPA 3.62 with a 156 LSAT, Need Some Help
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 07:30:34 PM »

I have good soft factors from college. As in, I am a Division 1 college wrestler which will hopefully go good for me then.

That's not good soft factors.  Good soft factors would be, you were homeless and then got adopted as a kid, and worked through college to pay for tuition and food.  Good soft factors would be if you're black.  Good soft factors would be if you're the President of several school organizations and received numberous awards for special contribution to your school. 

doubled99

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 07:34:44 PM »
Sorry, I thought that wrestling in college would be good to mention, but thanks for shooting that down. Any useable information that you could provide would be helpful.

Remarq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 08:32:03 PM »
Start by making a list of say 5/6 cities or regions you'd like to live in after law school. Then make a list of law schools in that area/that feed into that area. Choose the law school that will allow you to be as close to the top of the list of law schools in that region while keeping your debt as low as possible.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 10:10:39 PM »
I attend a school in Ohio, which I will be graduating from this coming May. I need to know if I have any chances at University of North Carolina. Also, which Ohio schools or other outside schools (no particular state desired, would like good state job prospects though) I could make it in to.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Since your softs are pretty weak, it will come down to your numbers.  Go pick up a USNews grad school ranking guide just to see what law schools are out there and match your gpa/lsat ranges to that of the schools you wish to attend.  It's simple.

;D ;D ;D