Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chances of Xferring from T3 to UNC?  (Read 641 times)

ntiger

• KC Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Chances of Xferring from T3 to UNC?
« on: December 30, 2009, 06:55:02 PM »
I recognize most of my answers will come from talking directly with admissions people from UNC, but seeing as how I have to wait before my grades come back anyway, I figured I'd see what yall had to say.

I just finished my first semester at university of missouri kansas city (T3).  I feel good about it, and I have only gotten one final grade back so far but it was an A, and I am pretty confident on my other courses as well.

I am looking to move back to NC, and UNC is the most economical and most prestigious school (Duke is simply out of the question, too much $$$ and a definite long shot).  UNC only accepted 7 students last year but 1) they dont accept transfer students from NC universities and 2) priority goes to NC residents attending out of state schools like myself.

Granted there are a lot of ifs, but assuming I do finish in the top 10 or 15 percent (big assumption!) - is going through the transfer application even worth it?  How hard would this transfer be?

Thanks

changethegame

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Chances of Xferring from T3 to UNC?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 08:05:00 PM »
I hear UNC is a fantastic school academically, but that usually is not enough to lure students at the rate a school like UNC does. It doesn't look that inviting. Chappel Hill seems like a boring place to me, and the law school's facilities look bland. Yet this school is very popular. Is it just the rankings, or am I missing something about the "student life" - other than watching an elite basketball program beat the crap out of other schools?

nerfco

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Chi '10
    • View Profile
Re: Chances of Xferring from T3 to UNC?
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 05:36:58 PM »
I hear UNC is a fantastic school academically, but that usually is not enough to lure students at the rate a school like UNC does. It doesn't look that inviting. Chappel Hill seems like a boring place to me, and the law school's facilities look bland. Yet this school is very popular. Is it just the rankings, or am I missing something about the "student life" - other than watching an elite basketball program beat the crap out of other schools?

I don't mean to be silly, but I think there are more important factors in choosing a law school than how interesting the town is and how the facilities look. I think quality of faculty and education, and job prospects upon graduation are both more important, for example.