Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Best place to get women's suits?  (Read 3595 times)

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
Best place to get women's suits?
« on: December 30, 2009, 09:18:01 AM »
Please discuss  :)
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Best place to get women's suits?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 09:25:38 AM »
Please discuss  :)

I've bought mine at Jones New York.  I've always been lucky to find one of the handful of outlet stores nearby, which seem to carry all the traditional suit styles.  I like JNY as you can buy the jacket separately from the skirt/pants - and thus, if you need a petite jacket and regular pants (as I do - which is funny, as I'm 5'6") it doesn't cost extra.  And the quality is very nice, with good fabrics and cuts.

I know people who like Neiman Marcus, as they do alterations (free?), but I haven't tried them yet.

When I was young, I just went to Brooks Brothers, but now, ugh.  I find their stuff too stodgy.  I may be older, but I don't want to look ancient. :P
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 01:04:01 PM »
Not sure where you live, but I got a Tahari suit at Loehman's and it makes me feel awesomely powerful.  I strongly recommend going outlet shopping if that's an option though, I have had a lot of success at brooks brothers and ann taylor outlets, and they are a lot cheaper than going to the stores in the mall.  Good luck, I'm sure you'll find something great!

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 06:04:40 PM »
I ended up finding one at Ann Taylor that fits great and doesn't need to be altered or anything.  I went to the outlets over thanksgiving and couldn't find one, but I'm going to try again on Saturday to see if there's anything new and cheaper.  Also, I reluctantly went into Brooks Brothers today and could only find black (I wanted grey).  Thanks for the help :) 
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 12:34:50 AM »
I ended up finding one at Ann Taylor that fits great and doesn't need to be altered or anything.  I went to the outlets over thanksgiving and couldn't find one, but I'm going to try again on Saturday to see if there's anything new and cheaper.  Also, I reluctantly went into Brooks Brothers today and could only find black (I wanted grey).  Thanks for the help :) 

Blue, I would think that with your size, Ann Taylor would be an excellent choice.  So glad you could find something that worked.  Funny, I was icky about black too, and, of all things, choose "platinum", which is, according to JNY, a green/gray combination.  Anyway, I wore it for my lawyering interview, and, surprisingly, received numerous positive comments.
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.