Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Apply now or wait till after February score release?  (Read 468 times)

beinlaw

• View Profile
Apply now or wait till after February score release?
« on: December 30, 2009, 02:25:29 AM »
Hello,

So I received my December score and don't feel quite satisfied so I've already signed up for the February LSAT. Should I hand in my apps right now and ask admissions to keep it on hold for the Feburary score or should I just wait and submit my apps after I receive my February score? I know adcoms don't look at the apps till it's complete so is there some kind of advantage of submitting apps now and have them hold onto it as opposed to submitting it after I receive the February score?

Also, how do I even indicate that I want my apps to be held for the Feburary score anyways? The apps don't have a box to check off, that's why.

nerfco

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Chi '10
    • View Profile
Re: Apply now or wait till after February score release?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 03:00:04 PM »
This depends--what kind of chance would you have at the schools you are applying to with your current GPA?

If no chance, then you should wait to apply, as otherwise they may reject you before you get a chance to supplement your application. (Plus there is no advantage to applying now if there's no chance they take you with your current numbers.)