Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Online classes at ABA schools  (Read 2890 times)

cooleylawstudent

Online classes at ABA schools
« on: December 26, 2009, 10:02:19 AM »
I noticed that some lawschools have webcam classes where 4 locations share a teacher and view eachother on their computers. Sometimes with less than half a dozen students per location for some electives. You'd think if online education was that bad, then they wouldn't allow this either since the teacher isn't really in the room with you(same idea really as an online chatroom if each student had webcams)

Personally I still support the apprenticeship idea of the old days that some states still do too. If you do five years of real practice under an attorney with Bar monitoring and can bass the bar after that, they should let you. If it was good enough for "honest Abe" and Jefferson, it can't be all bad.

Crackerjack

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Online classes at ABA schools
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 09:06:11 PM »
I agree. Abraham Lincoln is my hero because he studied law in a cabin in the woods, just like me. Some of our greatest jurists are self-taught. Contrary to popular belief, some really smart people live in rural areas. They should not be forced into the city and to spend $80,000 just for the chance to become a lawyer. If you can pass the bar exam, it shows you know what "they" know. Those of us who are self-taught should be commended for our initiative, not condemned by the very sector that seeks to profit from our hopes and dreams by charging exorbitant tuition.

cooleylawstudent

Re: Online classes at ABA schools
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 12:18:41 PM »
I take it that you are with either an online or corresponce law school? Which one? Are you in CA now or do you plan to move there after graduating?