Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Will Howard Law be more competitive this cycle because of economy?  (Read 1064 times)

msmariejd

• View Profile
Hello,

I have read many articles online that suggest that the 2009-2010 admissions cycle will be more competitive due to the economy and the lack of available jobs. Does anyone have any insight on how this will affect admission into HBCUs such as Howard Law. On one end people may feel that they can't afford to go to law school but on the other end some may feel pressure to enroll simply because they haven't found a job.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

TexasEsq

• View Profile
Re: Will Howard Law be more competitive this cycle because of economy?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 10:43:22 PM »
The 09-10 cycle will likely be one of the most competitive cycles since the .com bust all the way around. As you probably know folks flood graduate schools when the economy is in the toilet. I saw an article not too long ago talking about the record number of LSAT takers. With a growing oversupply of lawyers things will continue to tighten up.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Will Howard Law be more competitive this cycle because of economy?
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 05:53:04 AM »
Almost everywhere is going to be more competitive. If you would have been a borderline applicant this cycle, you'll probably be rejected next cycle.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.