Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Making the Optimal Undergrad Decision  (Read 3340 times)

iop

• View Profile
Making the Optimal Undergrad Decision
« on: December 18, 2009, 12:26:54 AM »
I'm a senior in CA who has already applied to some UC's (I'm just waiting for the decisions in March). I guess I want to go into law school, and I've decided to try for the top 14 or nothing at all...

Let me give you the specifics of my dilemma:

I know that high LSAT scores and a high GPA are essential in getting accepted to a T14 law school. I'm guessing LSAT scores are just based on my personal ability and study habits; basically, I think the scores I get will be independent of my undergrad decision.

So, the only thing left that will be greatly(?, not sure to what extent) affected by my coming undergrad decision is GPA. In many cases, College A is going to be tougher than College B in terms of securing a high GPA. With this in mind and what I've heard of law school admissions, I believe it would be wisest to choose the hypothetical College B instead of College A. Still, what happens when the prestige levels of these colleges differ greatly? UC Berkeley/UCLA over UC Irvine/UC Riverside or the other way around?

What would you do if your main goal was to get to a T14 law school?

Thank you guys in advance for your sage advice.

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
Re: Making the Optimal Undergrad Decision
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 12:56:48 PM »
Prestige isn't that big a deal.  I got a good GPA from a crappy school and still made it into T14.  That being said, if you're T14 material you can probably get a good GPA anywhere you go anyway, so pick a school you like.