Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Poor graduate GPA?  (Read 741 times)

Jen7

• View Profile
    • Email
Poor graduate GPA?
« on: December 14, 2009, 11:52:04 AM »
I had a pretty good undergraduate GPA (3.7), but I took one semester of graduate classes, quickly decided that it was not where I wanted to be and got out.  But I failed a course which pretty well tanked my GPA because I didn't have a lot of hours.  Will this hurt me a lot if my undergrad GPA and LSAT are within range for the schools I'm applying for? 

duchovnysfan

• View Profile
Re: Poor graduate GPA?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 02:11:37 AM »
Only your UGrad GPA is calculated into LSDAS transcript, your graduate grades more or less do not carry a lot of weight as your UGrad grades do. However, you do report b/c the application asks you to list schools you went to; so I don't think you can keep it hidden

I had a low GPA for grad school but a good UGrad GPA. The school I ended matriculating wanted my transcript; so be prepared to answer questions about what happened in your semester at grad school.
Going to the big dance (accepted):
Not going to the big dance (rejected): Southwestern, McGeorge - University of the Pacific, GW, Loyola, USD, USC
Bubble teams (WL/Deferred):Whittier
Crowding around TV for Selection show (pending): UCLA, Pepperdine

HiteMikju

• View Profile
Re: Poor graduate GPA?
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 03:35:10 AM »
Friend of mine had 3.9something UG GPA.  Then had a 3.0something Grad GPA.  He's a 3L at Yale.