Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SMU 1L Taking Questions  (Read 2489 times)

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: SMU 1L Taking Questions
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 06:58:09 PM »
Houston is the largest legal market in Texas by far.  SMU is definitely more expensive and will not open as many doors as UT, but it is still an excellent option.  Furthermore, if you do decide to be mobile after graduation a SMU degree is much more portable than one from U of Houston.  SMU is known around the country and many of the graduates do get jobs in southern California (Orange County, San Diego primarily) and in the Midwest (Ohio, Indiana).  This is likely due to the fact that SMU undergrads are mostly bratty rich kids from the OC and midwest that have more money than brains.   

You got two problems here:

1) They got jobs in Southern California not because of a SMU degree, but because they are "bratty rich kids from the OC."

2) Many, if not most or virtually all people tend to stay and practice in one state, at least for the first 10 years of their career.  After 10 years, where your degree came from is becoming less and less important.

czarevich

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 04:34:04 PM »

[/quote]

You got two problems here:

1) They got jobs in Southern California not because of a SMU degree, but because they are "bratty rich kids from the OC."

2) Many, if not most or virtually all people tend to stay and practice in one state, at least for the first 10 years of their career.  After 10 years, where your degree came from is becoming less and less important.
[/quote]

Wrong.  I am not referring to SMU Law students as being the bratty rich kids from the OC.  In fact, most SMU Law students are as poor as any other...yet they still get jobs around the country.  With respect to your second point, SMU Law students are getting jobs in other parts of the nation immediately following law school.  Where they are in 10 years has no relevance IMO to what I was talking about. 

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2010, 05:35:49 PM »

Wrong.  I am not referring to SMU Law students as being the bratty rich kids from the OC.  In fact, most SMU Law students are as poor as any other...yet they still get jobs around the country.  With respect to your second point, SMU Law students are getting jobs in other parts of the nation immediately following law school.  Where they are in 10 years has no relevance IMO to what I was talking about.  

Wrong!  You're such an idiot.   ;D

iahurricane

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2010, 01:48:55 AM »
Contract2008 why do you female dog so much about SMU every chance you get? If you don't think its worth it, then leave and do something else. I was just about ready to leave after the first semester cuz law kinda bores me but I'm probably gonna stick it out after seeing my grades. Why anyone would come online and diss their own school every chance they get is beyond me.