Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The WORST law school period!  (Read 23202 times)

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: The WORST law school period!
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2010, 12:27:54 PM »
Law school is incredibly expensive and it is almost unconscionable to charge as much as they do. However, if you want to be a lawyer that is what you have to do.

The industry is going through hard times without question like I said at the end of the Cold War lots of people were out of the work the entire industry changed, but it came back.

Bottom line is the legal profession is a service industry it doesn't exist if people are not in conflict or making deals. Right now the economy is in terrible shape and if people aren't making deals lawyers have no work and that is the case right now.  America has gone through numerous recissions and there have been ups and downs and I am sure during everyone of those recissions the legal profession suffered.  

Right now there are few jobs, because the economy is somewhat stagnant and people at the moment are hesitant to make deals.

However, I did know one lawyer who went to NYLS tier 3 in New York who has living it up during the recission he specialized in Bankruptcy Law and who was in demand when sh*t hit the fan?. Him He wasn't doing all that much until SH*t hit the fan and then he was bombarded and had to way much work.

I didn't know real estate transaction lawyers but I am sure from 2000-2007 or so they were rolling in it. The last 2 years they haven't been at all, because nobody is making deals.

My point is that every profession and every little section within a profession has ups and downs. Just like life no matter what you do your going to have good and bad times and right at this particular moment it is not a good time to be a lawyer.  I am sure it will change, maybe it never will, but I will there is about 99.9% chance it will come back as every profession generally does. The whole industries I think that truly died are Pogs and Pagers.  Otherwise everything else comes back, goes down, etc.

bigs5068 is stupid

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2010, 05:51:30 PM »
Bigs5068,

You are incredibly dumb.  I mean you go to Golden Gate Law School.  How retarded do you have to be get into that school? 

You talk like you know everything yet you are a fellow TTTT^ loser student.  That RWU graduate poured her heart out so let her speak you TROLL.  She is trying to help future students avoid making the same mistake by attending that scam school.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2010, 07:19:19 PM »
I don't think I am so bad and you are the jack*** loser who went out if his way to make a screenname about me so I think you are the loser dude and Troll who says that? Have you ever been to first base with girl? Do you have friends? I imagine not and sit you around saturday nights thinking why doesn't anybody like me and the reason is you say words like troll and go onto internet websites and make sn's up seriously get a life dude I am laughing at what a loser you are you made my day that's awesome.

Yes I do go to GGU, but I am not stupid enough to make up a sn about someone so that says something about my education. It is an internet board and I don't have all the answers I never said I did I am a 1L law student and I just want people to know tier 4's are not out to ruin your life and whether you go to law school or some other profession there are no guarantees. A lot of people and I am sure you on this list bit*h and moan about things and those same people would bi*ch and moan if they had every opportunity in the world.  I am sure you are one of those people who points the finger at everybody, but himself and you probably failed out of RW and were shocked about that.  Whatever school you went to if you even did I imagine you sat around calling people trolls and telling yourself how smart you were and you either failed out or graduated and can't find a job, because you are a loser who says words like troll and makes up sn's about people. Oh my god your such a loser that is so hilarious, do you have a picture of yourself? I just imagine 5'2 fat ugly white guy, acne, glasses, smelly, virgin?  Am I right, Oh my god I am laughing so hard at you right now, what a loser. 

Anyways, the person who talked about their experience probably did have a bad time at RW.  It is not Harvard neither is GGU and that person should have known they were going to have an uphill at RW and I knew that going to GGU, but I still managed to find jobs.  I am sure every law school has disappointed students, every undergrad, every medical school, down the line will have disappointments life is hard. However, at the end of the day law school or anything in life is what you make of it.  Anyways, good luck in life to you dude I think a guy like you really needs it.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2010, 07:43:28 PM »
Bigs you got it wrong man, (unless she's a dike, albeit possible) since how did this person know that it was a "she" unless of course, its her doing it. Like looking through a glass window.

Bigs5068,

You are incredibly dumb.  I mean you go to Golden Gate Law School.  How retarded do you have to be get into that school? 

You talk like you know everything yet you are a fellow TTTT^ loser student.  That RWU graduate poured her heart out so let her speak you TROLL.  She is trying to help future students avoid making the same mistake by attending that scam school.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2010, 07:58:43 PM »
Your right it could be a girl, I don't think girls say troll though.  It seemed like a guy to me regardless of their sex they probably have a sad life so I shouldn't make to much fun of them.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2010, 08:38:48 PM »
true, if she kills herself the cops look at her computer, say "bullied to death".....she laughs at us from the roasty gates of hell........ :-X

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2010, 09:24:58 AM »
Bigs you got it wrong man, (unless she's a dike, albeit possible) since how did this person know that it was a "she" unless of course, its her doing it. Like looking through a glass window.

LOL at your implicit assumption that referring to someone as male in the absence of evidence otherwise is somehow "normal."
Mood: Tired but cheerful.  :)

legalized

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2010, 01:55:49 PM »

LOL at your implicit assumption that referring to someone as male in the absence of evidence otherwise is somehow "normal."

No bone in this fight, but in grammar, "he" ...male...is the universal gender.

It was a lot simpler to read things and make hypothetical arguments when people didn't start requiring you to include both genders in the one sentence.  People need to grow a thicker skin unless the sentence is directly about them and the person mistook them for the opposite gender.

Even in the French language, he is the universal gender when one is needed and no specifics are known.

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2010, 02:03:25 PM »
No bone in this fight, but in grammar, "he" ...male...is the universal gender.

I don't think this necessarily the case any longer, though I suppose I should double-check with my style guide.  ;)
Mood: Tired but cheerful.  :)

lost in debt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2010, 09:43:43 PM »
I am currently a 3L at Roger Williams also. After purusing this board for about two hours, I would like to give my .02

1. Ralph Papitto is an opportunist and profiteer.
2. This school's sole purpose is to bring him hordes of cash.
3. This school's administration will lie and lie about job opportunities.
4. Most of my fellow 3Ls are preparing for bankruptcy court.
5. This school is owned by, run by and taught by a filthy people.
6. The School President likes to sow his seed all over Bristol.