Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The WORST law school period!  (Read 24032 times)

2010student

• View Profile
Re: The WORST law school period!
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 02:33:30 PM »
I have to disagree here.  When you come to a 4th tier law school, you know you have an uphill battle.  However, you still make that decision.  I made it because I saw a lot of other benefits the school had to offer.  It's hard to compete with schools in the area, but it can be done.  We have plenty of students taking great summer jobs, and jobs that generally only hire Ivy League schools as well.  We are by no means Harvard.  We don't pretend to be, but the education you get here is top notch considering the quality of the professors.  I love this school, and although I had the opportunity to go to the bigger named schools in Boston, I couldn't be happier with my choice to come to RWU.  There is nothing here that holds you back besides yourself (and of course the economy has a little bit to do with it!) 

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 03:26:17 PM »
Did the original poster fail out and that is why he is so angry?  Or is he one of the people that went to law school thinking all lawyers are rich beyond belief and would be handed a job upon graduation, without putting any effort in. The media portrays lawyers lawyers like they graduated and were handed a 100,000 a year job as soon as they got out, but that is not the case as with any profession you need to put a little effort into securing. I am sure this guy can get a job, if he put the effort in to find one instead of whining about his school.

I worked for a bunch of attorney's that went to 4th tier and even some that went to Non-ABA schools in California and are doing quite well for themselves. However,they put work into getting their jobs and didn't female dog about the fact that they didn't go to Harvard. They learned how to become lawyer's and good ones at that, instead of whining about their status and that it was a little harder for them to get jobs. Instead of whining about it they worked at it and succeeded.

I get so angry when people knock schools or female dog about the fact they can't find a job.  Seriously, who are these people you are just a learning skill nobody can guarantee employment.  Think of anything else when you got your bachelor's did people swarm with job offers no.  The people who really put in effort to find  a job do the one's that don't. This guy is a whiny female dog and needs to put some effort in.

I figure the OP is probably a disgruntled failed out student or was one of the people who thought someone would just hand him a job

unbiased2

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 11:21:47 PM »
Don't be a stupid

Don't be a fool.

RWU is a lousy school.

You'll run up loans and lots of debt

and be left with an empty wallet

along with much regret.

I was once a stupid fool

Who went and attended this horrible school

But now I know the facts and have the proof

I come only to speak the truth.

Now I know the real true crime

Was that I wasted my money and my time.

Those are things you can never get back

RWU sucks a big d*ck and thats a fact!

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 11:22:25 PM »
someone failed out and is pissed.... :'(

unbiased2

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2010, 04:50:44 PM »

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 07:28:17 PM »
You still havn't answered why it matters to you. I take it you failed?

unbiased2

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2010, 06:53:51 PM »
Roger Williams is a money scam for many of its employees, specifically that idiot president of ours. He doesn't even live in the 14 million$ castle we built him in student loans because he got caught banging his secretary. There is absolutely no consideration, care, or even respect for the students here - sure there are a few random good professors - but as a whole, the roger williams employees are here for your money. and they sure as hell will get it. But if you do happen to have a lot of money, want to get high and do nothing rwu is the place for you. If you have money you can float right through on daddy's donations, but if you want to work and get by on that - well that just isn't good enough. oh, and they dont care if you know this, as long as you keep paying that bill. or stop after 3 years: either way send money, they'll be happy to take it. tenured professors can ignore you and assign seemingly random grades, enjoy their yacht's and vacations on your stupidity. and no way you can transfer up, or even down. they keep your grades down in the architecture program to ensure you cant do better, you cant go elsewhere for grad school. im honestly freaking out about this exact fact, im stuck with these idiots and expect to get nothing back. I'd do anything to go to gradschool elsewhere, my only chance is my portfolio. I've taught myself everything I've learned out of spite and the interest of self preservation. Still, every day I wake up hoping to die. RWU ruins lives, and builds nothing. You've been warned.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2010, 07:03:32 PM »
but you did fail right? I take it you are trying to say that your failing is better somehow that the guys getting high passing?

Roger Williams is a money scam for many of its employees, specifically that idiot president of ours. He doesn't even live in the 14 million$ castle we built him in student loans because he got caught banging his secretary. There is absolutely no consideration, care, or even respect for the students here - sure there are a few random good professors - but as a whole, the roger williams employees are here for your money. and they sure as hell will get it. But if you do happen to have a lot of money, want to get high and do nothing rwu is the place for you. If you have money you can float right through on daddy's donations, but if you want to work and get by on that - well that just isn't good enough. oh, and they dont care if you know this, as long as you keep paying that bill. or stop after 3 years: either way send money, they'll be happy to take it. tenured professors can ignore you and assign seemingly random grades, enjoy their yacht's and vacations on your stupidity. and no way you can transfer up, or even down. they keep your grades down in the architecture program to ensure you cant do better, you cant go elsewhere for grad school. im honestly freaking out about this exact fact, im stuck with these idiots and expect to get nothing back. I'd do anything to go to gradschool elsewhere, my only chance is my portfolio. I've taught myself everything I've learned out of spite and the interest of self preservation. Still, every day I wake up hoping to die. RWU ruins lives, and builds nothing. You've been warned.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2010, 09:39:11 PM »
A law school is not educating you out of the goodness of their heart that is atrocious f;ing RW!

I know at Harvard or Stanford you just don't pay tuition and the professors work for free and they don't care about getting paid. Professors at my school just donate their paycheck to our section and we split the proceeds among eachother.

I am appaulled that a school would actually be doing stuff for MONEY!.

generally everybody does things completely out of the goodness of their hearts, that is beauty of capitalism in America everything is done for free.   

2009RWUgrad

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2010, 09:21:57 PM »
I graduated from RUWSOL in May 2009 and here I am a year later still unemployed. I wasn't in the top ten of my class but I did graduate in the top 20% and passed the bar on the first try. I also had internships and an externship while in law school so I graduated with some experience. I actually feel that we received a very good education which is evidenced by the very high bar pass rate of my class. I do feel that I have been a part of an awful scam. I admit that I was a little naive going into law school. I had no idea how things work and what it really means to go to a bottom tier school. That being said I also didn't have aspirations of being a fancy biglaw attorney either. I was not looking for the $100k job. All I ever wanted was to work in a small firm or for the government. I would have been ecstatic to start out after school with $50k. I now know that even that dream is a little far fetched for RWSOL graduates. It is true that if you graduate in the top ten of the class the Boston firms will interview you and you will probably get hired but if you are in the rest of the class and you don't have any personal connections then you are just screwed. The career services at the school is a complete joke. I never expected them to work miracles but their negligence and lack of concern for the their students is just comical. The best thing that school could do for the future would be to fire Dean Bastone and hire a monkey to replace him. I honestly feel that it would be an improvement.

If you are a recent college grad looking to go to law school my advice is to find something else to do. If you can't get into tier one then you need to accept you aren't meant to be an attorney. Law school was an amazing experience but it was not worth the $150K loan. The sad thing is that I can't even get a job as a paralegal because i'm over qualified. I'm not really sure what I am supposed to do with myself now that I have accumulated a mountain of debt and no realistic chance of employment.

If you are reading all of this and thinking that this won't be you and that you will just work harder than everyone else well you are just an idiot. We all worked hard. I don't know anyone who graduated from RWUSOL and sat by and thought jobs would fall into their lap. If you really must attend RWU then my advice to you is to work extremely hard your first year and then transfer out to a higher tier school. This worked out extremely well for a couple of my friends.