Law School Discussion

Any research that indicates the experimental section is in the first three?

The only reason I asked is because I remember hearing how students "thought" the experimental was in the first three but in reality that was updated in recent years and it could be any of the five.

I took the LSAT last June and had the "third" section as experimental; I'm usually able to spot the experimental section most of the time as either the questions are too long or the games are literally too complicated to solve in 35 minutes. When I took it last week (12/05) I know I remember I had (I really don't remember the order)
Three LR / One LG / One RC

What I do recall is that the longest and harder LR was number 4 and I did it and I really had thought that was the experimental.
The first section was pretty easy, then second and third one was LG and the other LR or viceversa.
Fourth section was LR (which was long and had experimental written all over) and fifth was the RC which I knew would count.

I thought I had done much better this time but now I'm worried because some of you are saying that the experimental is always in the first three.

Can anyone confirm this myth? is there actual proof? perhaps, does anyone have a 4th or 5th section as being experimental?

EarlCat

• i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
If the experimental was sec 4, it would be the first time in history.

:(

The only reason I asked is because I remember hearing how students "thought" the experimental was in the first three but in reality that was updated in recent years and it could be any of the five.

I took the LSAT last June and had the "third" section as experimental; I'm usually able to spot the experimental section most of the time as either the questions are too long or the games are literally too complicated to solve in 35 minutes. When I took it last week (12/05) I know I remember I had (I really don't remember the order)

What I do recall is that the longest and harder LR was number 4 and I did it and I really had thought that was the experimental.
The first section was pretty easy, then second and third one was LG and the other LR or viceversa.
Fourth section was LR (which was long and had experimental written all over) and fifth was the RC which I knew would count.

I thought I had done much better this time but now I'm worried because some of you are saying that the experimental is always in the first three.

Can anyone confirm this myth? is there actual proof? perhaps, does anyone have a 4th or 5th section as being experimental?

It looks like we probably had the same test.  I think LR Section 1 was definitely the hardest, and there's no doubt it was the experimental.  Sections 3 and 4 (both LR) were roughly the same difficulty level, IMO.

For me section 1 was actually the easiest.... prob section 3 would have been it
I don't know, I'm just frustrated at this point, I really thought the experimental was anywhere in the first 4 and the fifth one always counted, oh well.... wth just gotta wait

Here's something to laugh about, I got in Cooley... YAY?! lol

I too took the 12/05 LSAT with 3 LR sections.  Section 1 was a breeze. It was possibly the easiest LR section I have taken to date.

Section 3 was a bit tougher than 4 for me as i had 5 questions i was unable to get to. In section one i completed all problems before time was called.

Im still waiting for my score, and in a few weeks we will all know for sure. But it's likely possible that even in the 3 LR versions of the tests, those LR sections are ordered differently.

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile

It looks like we probably had the same test. I think LR Section 1 was definitely the hardest, and there's no doubt it was the experimental. Sections 3 and 4 (both LR) were roughly the same difficulty level, IMO.

For me section 1 was actually the easiest.... prob section 3 would have been it
I don't know, I'm just frustrated at this point, I really thought the experimental was anywhere in the first 4 and the fifth one always counted, oh well.... wth just gotta wait

Here's something to laugh about, I got in Cooley... YAY?! lol

cooley grads get same ink on law license as everyone else.