Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: DO NOT GO TO PACE LAW SCHOOL!  (Read 4115 times)

nota.bene500

DO NOT GO TO PACE LAW SCHOOL!
« on: December 11, 2009, 09:46:12 PM »
...or any other T4 for that matter. Something that I learned this year, which is something that I could not find on the website anywhere (intentional of them probably) is that there are only 15 firms recruiting during 2L OCI. FIFTEEN. Despite being on Law Review, doing well, I still have no clue what I will be doing this summer.

Ok, so I could have done my research. But like many of you, I was happy to just be able to make into law school, ANY school, and figured I would succeed by being in the top of my class/law review etc. Sorry but this is most likely not the case. RETHINK your decision to go to any T4 or T3 school (barring unlimited wealth, wanting to go into public interest/non profit etc.)

I'm not trying to be a downer here but I just want to warn others. T4 schools, especially Pace as I am learning, are HUGE rip offs.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: DO NOT GO TO PACE LAW SCHOOL!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 04:01:37 PM »
...or any other T4 for that matter. Something that I learned this year, which is something that I could not find on the website anywhere (intentional of them probably) is that there are only 15 firms recruiting during 2L OCI. FIFTEEN. Despite being on Law Review, doing well, I still have no clue what I will be doing this summer.

Ok, so I could have done my research. But like many of you, I was happy to just be able to make into law school, ANY school, and figured I would succeed by being in the top of my class/law review etc. Sorry but this is most likely not the case. RETHINK your decision to go to any T4 or T3 school (barring unlimited wealth, wanting to go into public interest/non profit etc.)

I'm not trying to be a downer here but I just want to warn others. T4 schools, especially Pace as I am learning, are HUGE rip offs.

ignorant.

What's ignorant about it? OP is basically 100% correct.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

nota.bene500

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 09:41:14 AM »
i like how someone who isn't even in law school yet is calling me ignorant about my own experience in law school!  ::)

vap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attorney
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 01:36:16 PM »
Stay positive and keep looking.  I got shut out of OCI last year, and I ended up splitting my 2L summer with a judge and a government agency, both of which I knew had a 99.9% chance of not leading to a permanent offer.

I ended up getting a job offer over the summer from a different employer.  There are jobs out there outside of biglaw.  With law review on your resume, you have a good leg up.  Just be sure to search aggressively; you can't sit back and think things will fall into your lap (e.g., OCI).

Good luck.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 05:09:41 PM »

ignorant.

What's ignorant about it? OP is basically 100% correct.

wow.  that not much margin error.

random2345

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 11:44:30 PM »
Fact - you are kind of being an a-hole.

Rednorthstar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 10:30:16 AM »
I can't really say I know much about Pace University, but almost every lawyer in my part of the country has gone to Widener, which is 4T.  And they've all done pretty well for themselves, though from what I understand Widener places its students better than most 4Ts and being the only law school in DE (if you choose that campus) it has no competition.

booya

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 05:53:49 PM »
a hole, it's a-hole assholes! It you cannot get into a top 50 law school you are gambling, go to vegas instead better odds of investment instead of the law school tuition!