Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ----December 5th LSATers- What are your thoughts?-----  (Read 2808 times)

girltalk

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: ----December 5th LSATers- What are your thoughts?-----
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 04:36:55 PM »
I got LG, LR, LG, LR, RC.
The first games section had to be the experimental section considering that my third section including the games you have previously mentioned, "3 pm and 9 pm class schedules" and so on. if this is true thats awesome because the first games section was pretty complicated, with three advanced linear games, instead of the usual two. It could also be true that i had quite a rough start for whatever reason and couldn't get my head in the test until the second section. So maybe it was easy for some, not so much for me.
I also did not have the oxidation, maple question, so perhaps that was in the experimental section for the rest of you.
Other then that, the LR wasn't as bad as i thought it was going to be, and the reading comp was average. Still though, i could be completely wrong and managed to get a 150. haha, we will see! best of luck to you all

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2009, 05:19:50 PM »
Hmmm I actually thought the last game was the 2nd easiest? It was a sequencing game I believe that involved states and/or cities? All I remember are 2 rules but I dont think we can talk about it (places were NY, LA, Toronto? Vancouver?) But yeah I was pretty disappointed on the 5th section, I was pretty much exhausted after reading the 3rd passage and only finished 2 and 1/2 question sets : - ( oh well I hope we did well enough though

u sound like a cute girl...haha ;)

Don't stress about it! There are worse things in life. :)

ha ha, indeed.

bluerose1482

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, 06:45:42 PM »
My test was LR LG LR LR RC.  I actually thought that the LG section must have been the experiemental section because it was so easy.

I'm not sure how I did on the last section.  I barely finished reading the last passage and I think that I guessed "A" for the last 4 or 5 questions.

As I walked out of the building, I tried to decided if I felt like I had done well or poorly, but the only thing I felt was that I had done it.  I can't wait to see my results.  I so hope that they release them before Christmas.

Any chance of that?

bluerose1482

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2009, 06:48:09 PM »
BTW I only had one LG section and mine had the class scheduel.

j_chouu

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2009, 07:43:54 PM »
I actually feel like the 3rd game was the hardest, by far. That fourth game seemed really straightforward, (finished in 6-7 minutes), but that 3rd one took me more than 10 minutes, and i had to make educated guesses for 3-4 of em. It's like the games section from PT 57, in PT 57, the one w/ the dinosaurs was pretty rough, took me a while, whereas the final one took me 5-6 minutes to complete (6 grants awarded to 4 departments).

smiley111

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2009, 01:39:34 PM »
Just wondering?

For the 1st reading passage which was an A/B dual passage--does anyone remember getting a few d's as answer choices

smiley111

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2009, 08:00:12 PM »
thank you for your concern to make me feel better, but since you said yes in order to help with my anxiety it really didnt help because I know you likely didnt select any d's....again--thanks for the thought...I only hope I made out with +1 or +2 for the 1st passage since I obviously skipped it

: - P,

Smiley111

LessThanLiz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2009, 08:33:10 PM »
I believe LSAC is de-emphasizing the games and putting more focus on RC and LR.
I feel the same way, which is great for me because RC is my strongest and LR has always hovered in the middle as far as my strengths are concerned. I'm actually kind of angry because in Oct 08, I got a very doable LG section and did excellent in RC, but my worst ever (including PTs) in LR. Had I performed as usual in LR, I would've hit at least 166 or 167. This time around, LG was not nearly as easy and I although I think I did OK in RC, I don't feel like I knocked it out of the park - which was the case last time.

I'm sort of hoping that my ambivalence this time around will predict a better score than my previous optimism. I know, I know; the poster presumes, without providing justification, that the opposite of one expectation leading to a poor score is indicative of a better score. Or whatever.

Smiley: I personally don't remember, but I think actually discussing answers like A's and B's will get you in hot water with the LSAC so I've been avoiding it....although I have my fingers crossed for a lot of D's in my class times game since that's what I guessed.