Law School Discussion

Better to not study??

Better to not study??
« on: December 03, 2009, 10:25:20 AM »
A good friend of mine, who graduated from IU with a 3.5 gpa didn't study at all for the LSATs.  Is he a freak of nature or do some people "study themselves stupid?"  I've been studying some, but feel like I'm capable of doing well since I generally am a very good test taker.  Any thoughts?

Re: Better to not study??
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 12:34:07 PM »
Absolutely. Studying is for suckers.

ryanjm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 12:37:17 PM »
I think part of your post is missing. He didn't study at all and scored what?

I'm going to go ahead and say what almost everyone here will tell you: NOT studying for this test would be a huge mistake. Astronomically huge. Even someone with genius level intellect should take a minimum of 5 previous LSAT tests, and if you're scoring 180 on all of them, fine, no more studying needed. But for everyone else, studying for a couple of months is generally going to result in a large increase to your score.

The first thing I'd do is go ahead and take one of the previous years lsat tests. If you are scoring where you want to be, maybe you don't need to study much. But let's say you score something like 155, which is very normal. You could raise your score by 10+ points simply by learning the tricks to the test that the Powerscore books will teach you.

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 02:38:11 PM »
Seriously. Study.

EarlCat

• i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 02:53:26 PM »
A good friend of mine, who graduated from IU with a 3.5 gpa didn't study at all for the LSATs.  Is he a freak of nature or do some people "study themselves stupid?"  I've been studying some, but feel like I'm capable of doing well since I generally am a very good test taker.  Any thoughts?

Where are you scoring now?

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 08:05:31 PM »
I think it would be foolish not to study at all. Refreshers are good for everyone. We are all human and easily forget things. Studying is very important regardless of who you are.

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 08:20:34 AM »
He scored a 185.  As of right now im scoring in the 160 range and have only taken 2 practice tests. 

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 08:29:15 AM »
He scored a 185.  As of right now im scoring in the 160 range and have only taken 2 practice tests. 

LOL? Wtf.

Flame.

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 08:52:14 AM »

185 out of a possible 180.....what a genius!  8)

'blueskies

• your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 12:15:11 PM »
lol