Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2.6 UGPA/155-158 LSAT...What are my chances????  (Read 1708 times)

jayhawks8810

• View Profile
2.6 UGPA/155-158 LSAT...What are my chances????
« on: December 02, 2009, 02:00:56 PM »
I have a 2.6 UGPA and am hoping for a 155-158+ LSAT on the Dec. test.  I am a white, middle-class student at the University of Kansas and will be paying for my legal education with loans.  The only adversity I can (and certainly will) talk about in my personal statement is how I have put up/overcome juvenile diabetes since age 4.  Given all that, please comment on what you believe my chances for acceptance to the following schools:

Houston Law Center (part-time)
GA State (part-time)
KU Law
George Mason (part-time)
SLU (part-time)
UMKC
Washburn
Tennessee-Knoxville
Kentucky

I would greatly appreciate any other schools, Tier 1-2 preferably, that I might have a good chance of acceptance.

big - fat - box

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 2.6 UGPA/155-158 LSAT...What are my chances????
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 03:46:14 PM »
The UGPA is going to make it difficult for you even if you have a very good reason for less than stellar academic performance in college. Especially if you are coming straight from UG. Plug your numbers into an admissions calculator and see what they say, that's your answer.

I can tell you that most of these schools are not going to like your UGPA and will probably reject or waitlist you based on that alone. You may even have trouble getting into many tier 3/4 schools, but will probably get into a couple tier 4s if you apply to a bunch of them.

Honestly your best bet is to get a job for a couple years and try to get a higher score than your current projection, then try applying to part-time programs at schools where your LSAT is over the 75th percentile.