Law School Discussion

Sept 2009 LSAT

Sept 2009 LSAT
« on: December 01, 2009, 05:25:43 PM »
Hi everyone....I really need advice on what to do here. I took all the diags months ago and have been retaking them. lsac finally mailed me the september 2009 lsat. Should I take it tomorrow? I wont take a whole diag, I just wanted to take it in timed sections, 2 sections here and there or should I save it in case I take feb's test....

thanks guys ???

EarlCat

• i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
Re: Sept 2009 LSAT
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 09:00:15 PM »
You took 57 prep tests last month?

Jeffort

• LSAT Tutor
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Discussion - Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question Type Finder Utility
    • Email
Re: Sept 2009 LSAT
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 12:45:09 AM »
Hi everyone....I really need advice on what to do here. I took all the diags months ago and have been retaking them. lsac finally mailed me the september 2009 lsat. Should I take it tomorrow? I wont take a whole diag, I just wanted to take it in timed sections, 2 sections here and there or should I save it in case I take feb's test....

thanks guys ???

Whoa, back up a bit.  Based on your description it sounds like you are doing the non-effective 'churn and burn' routine of just repeatedly taking timed PT's and not putting much time into study and review of the underlying concepts being tested or figuring out your errors.  Stop doing that.   

Practice can make perfect provided you get the basics of the concepts and good techniques to apply ingrained into your brain.  Just taking a bunch of timed tests and sections over and over will not suffice to help you to improve your score much.  Timed practice is NOT learning time.

Study and review the underlying logic/concepts/patterns that recur in each test as well as the good techniques to apply in order to select more credited responses to achieve a higher score. 

Just simply blowing through a bunch of tests and questions timed will not do that, you need to refine your understanding of the concepts and improve your analytical approach to get better at applying your developing skills to questions to improve.

Slow motion study spending time reviewing the concepts, techniques and questions you have attempted in order to put it all together is essential to improve your score.  You must analyze and dissect many questions carefully and in detail to get to the point where you 'see the light', so to speak.